It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:39 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Airport Security
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:01 pm 
JanetCD,

This is unbelievable; but a photograph ... I just can't believe that the airline allowed him to fly ... I'm speechless!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:55 am 
The news article was a link form the story from the SF Weekly where a airline kicked off a customer for wearing his pants 'to low' that his boxer shorts showed. http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2011/06/crossdressing_man_us_airways.php in that article shows a photo of a male wearing a swimsuit much like a full coverage woman's swimsuit!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:35 pm 

my understanding is in case you didnt know you can refuse the full body scan at the tsa check point . there has been talk that these are very high in raditaion for the body....... but also ask your self this if an under wire bra sets off the metal detetors would most or half the female passangers be stopped not ever female can be wireless bra's ??????

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:00 am 
I just went on a flight,and I had on a Victoria's Secret bra and thongs,and the detector did not go off.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:04 am 

Glad to hear the VS thong didn't set off the detector :lol:.

I have a many pieces of metal, 3 1/2 screws, plates, staples and I never get stopped in my VS thongs.

Last edited by Cali on Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:34 am 
Before the TSA took over I worked at checkpoints at MSP airport working for Globe Security. The only x-ray then was for baggage. I wore panties under my uniform unknown to anyone while on duty. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:49 am 
i've had mixed results with this one as I do travel a lot internationally.

For the most part you are fine to wear what you like when it comes down to it, but it's all up to the sensitivity of the metal detectors per airport. Don't quote me on that, but it seems to be the case. When in doubt, just take of EVERYTHING metal and pass through...you'll know at that point if you set the alarm off from what you are wearing on the top or bottom.

Bras:
Not really sure how this works because I have passed through security wearing a non padded underwire and have been patted down, or passed through with no problems. Same thing with a padded and underwire bra as well.
How do women do this? I am sure a great percentage are wearing underwire bras?
Anyway, it does make for an awkard moment as you are running to catch the plane and you have to get patted down and know precisely when the guy doing the job has the equally awkward moment of feeling the outine of your bra (both front and back). I've had this happen in Holland, France, and Itay, but it always end the same as any pass through the metal dector...on your way....yet possibly slightly flushed. Just keep a straight face and you'll be on your way.

Stockings/garters:
This one I have had no problems with to speak of, so as far as I know, you are good to go.

General rule of thumb:
If you want to fly "dressed" under your clothes....just do it!
If you are not comforatble doing so, then just pack what you want to wear later in you suitcase, or carry on.
Either way, it's a mental block that you have to overcome with the possibility of a stranger perhaps catching you in a completely harmless act.

Full body scans?
Well, just as I said before....you have to travel prepared. If you get called over to take the scan...just smile and do as you are told. They may have a laugh about it afterwards, but by then you will be on your flight. :lol:

Fly the way you want...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:48 am 
The funniest incident while working at the security gate at MSP, male passenger walked though the metal detector gate, alarm went off, he was asked to step aside. I had the 'wand' duty that hour so waved the wand over his torso, the wand beeped around his pants pockets. So I asked what was in his pockets. He said cigarettes. So placed a tray out and asked him to place the cigarette packs on the plate. He took out two packs from each pocket. He had hand carried a suit coat jacket and I waved the wand over the jacket. More beeping, so I asked the man to empty out all of the pockets of the jacket. By the time he emptied all the pockets he had a dozen packs of cigarettes on the inspection plate. The gate supervisor was watching and stepped up and asked why do you have so many cigarette packs, the flight your boarding is a non smoking flight. He said when I get to my destination I don't want to run out. :? The supervisor gave him a plastic bag to hold the packs of cigarettes and placed a seal on the bag. Supervisor said make sure the seal is on the bag when you get off the plane at your destination. Handed the plastic bag back to the passenger.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:53 am 
Anyone go through airport security?

Last edited by dianne on Sun May 06, 2012 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:55 am 
I still do get a bit nervous thinking, if I'm wearing sheer hose (which is pretty much like everyday when I'm not doing something athletic, or yard work, or some chore, etc -- basically my normal leg wear for work days) that a flash of my nude/tan/sheer black reinforced sheer toes, or sandle foot toes with my polished (pinks/reds) pedicure is going to bother someone. Having to take off shoes, etc... with sheer nylons on is always a bit scary. :-)

Anyone else have had to flash their sheer nylon toes in the air port security line?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next