It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:09 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Airport Security
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:02 am 

Has anyone worn a bra and/or garter belt and stockings through airport security recently? If so, how did it go? I know underwire bras show up on the scanners. From what I have read, I suspect the new body scanners would also show if a guy was wearing a bra and/or a garter belt. Not sure if the stockings would show up. Would panties show as underwear or clearly be seen as panties? What if they were decorated with bows, some of the little rosettes or other metal or plastic decorations? Maybe someone that works at airport security would know. I am also curious about other security scanning like sports events or some government buildings.

Post subject: Re: Airport Security
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:23 am 

I wore panties through airport security each way last month, but nothing so adorned. I didn't get stuck in one of the body scanners though, just the metal detector. (They did think I had nefarious shoes at McCarran International in Vegas and had to swab them down... :roll:)

I'd be curious, myself! I imagine you'd not be the first one they saw that day unless you had a REALLY early flight, though.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:39 am 

Unless you are wearing something pretty extravagant I doubt they would even notice - they are not looking for outlines of undies. Just something that definitely ISN'T undies.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:07 am 

I'm sure that most of the stocking clips on suspender belts are made of plastic these days....so you should be ok there. i'd have thought that the underwire on a bra would be detectable....so you might want to think twice on that one.....the only thing i'd definately NOT wear on the way through airport security would be a steel boned corset....that'd get you noticed for sure....not even sure if you'd be ALLOWED to wear one with all the restrictions about what you're allowed to carry on to a plane.....

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 3:15 pm 
TSA will probably assume you're a woman passing through the scanner. They have way too much to deal with to care. They probably get over the "unusual" passengers by the end of their first week on the job. You know how many sex toys they see in luggage on a daily basis? They just want the day to be over, being a TSA screener looks like an awful job.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:16 pm 
ILuvSissyPanties wrote:
They just want the day to be over, being a TSA screener looks like an awful job.

I have a friend who is one ... he spends 8-10 hours every day for 5 days a row ... facing one insult(s) after the another. I personally feels his pain ... he once had to confiscate a World War II knife from a Korean War (aged in his upper 70's) because he packed the knife in carry on ... that knife supposed to be a gift to his grandson; a gift that he never received. A pretty thankless job.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:53 am 
If I'm going on a flight,I just wear my panties and a pair of pantyhose or a garter belt and stockings,with socks on my feet,so they can't see my hose.I put my bra in my carry on,so the detector won't go off.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:24 pm 

I always wear panties and a no-wire bra when flying. Never worried about the full body scan, they never said anything after I went through. If they saw anything they probably just wished they were wearing them. lol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:57 pm 
Moderator Emeritus

I flew in both January and February wearing panties and a Wacoal B-smooth bralette. The bralette has no underwire or hooks and has plastic strap adjusters. I found my way around the body scanners and passed through the metal detectors without problems.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:46 am 
From the San Francisco Chronicle: "Man flies US Airways in women's underwear (Photo)": http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/crime/detail?entry_id=91446&tsp=1