It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:05 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Leggings
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:31 pm 

I just purchased a pair of VS leggings that are on sale. $66.00 on sale for around $40.00 plus 15% off that. Plus I also ordered a new bra as well.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:53 am 

I've been working outside a lot today. It's not far above freezing, so I wore Under Armour compression leggings as a base layer and they felt wonderful. I love that feeling of compression on the legs. Later on I had to go out into the garden again to bring some stuff in so went out wearing the leggings with denim short shorts on top and knee-length country boots. It felt great. Oh (in case you ask) I was wearing something on the top half too, turtleneck bodysuit and hooded longsleeve t-shirt :-)

The little dog laughed to see such fun,
So the cat did a little bit more.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:29 am 

I wear leggings around the house all the time, don’t really matter who is around either, if anybody doesn’t like it oh well. I just got some seamless black leggings from JC Penny that are oh so comfortable and I recently got some very cute leggings from a Facebook sale that are my alone time leggings, floral print, animal print, and a purple and black night sky print. I wish it were acceptable for men to wear leggings like women do. I’d wear them everywhere.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:37 am 

VanityFaith wrote:
I wish it were acceptable for men to wear leggings like women do. I’d wear them everywhere.

Me too :-) I'm with you all the way VanityFaith.
I got some black brushed corduroy leggings from Marks & Spencer last year, and wear those around the house. They are oh so comfy.
I wear skinny denim jeans most of the time now, and they are my standard go-anywhere clothing. They fit real close like leggings, they feel great and people accept me wearing them now. I've wondered about wearing jeggings since they are halfway between jeans and leggings (oh, that's what jeggings means :-) )
I love the look of leggings with a minidress on top. I wish that look would be acceptable for men and wonder if a long shirt like an Indian Kurta over leggings might work for a man. It's vaguely hippy and I dress a bit hippy anyway, so that might work.

The little dog laughed to see such fun,
So the cat did a little bit more.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:05 am 

VanityFaith wrote:
I wish it were acceptable for men to wear leggings like women do. I’d wear them everywhere.

It's not that it's unacceptable but wearing tight pants with an extra package can look really bad on a guy especially if they get excited. I wear them out quite a bit, even patterned ones but tuck well and use a Gaff to remove the bulge. Also if wearing leggings it's considered a fashion faux pas if your shirt (blouse) does not come down to past your crotch. This hides camel toe and for gurls the protruding bits.

Try wearing them out even to get fuel, smokes or walk the dog! The world won't end end you might even get a few nice comments! Lots of times me and the SO match our leggings and outfits and have a blast with it.

Rita

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:21 am 

Rita wrote:
VanityFaith wrote:

It's not that it's unacceptable but wearing tight pants with an extra package can look really bad on a guy especially if they get excited. I wear them out quite a bit, even patterned ones but tuck well and use a Gaff to remove the bulge. Also if wearing leggings it's considered a fashion faux pas if your shirt (blouse) does not come down to past your crotch. This hides camel toe and for gurls the protruding bits.

Try wearing them out even to get fuel, smokes or walk the dog! The world won't end end you might even get a few nice comments! Lots of times me and the SO match our leggings and outfits and have a blast with it.

I do wear them out, usually when I am hiking or biking. But, I wish I could go out to dinner with them or to the movies. I am not well endowed enough for the extra package to be that big of a deal to be honest with you. Sure it’s there but it ain’t like I’ve got a subway sandwich crammed in my pants.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:50 am 

I'm planning on wearing leggings with knee high boots to work in a few weeks, BUT I will also wear a pair of shorts as well.
My problem is which color leggings and which color shorts and which knee high boots.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:59 am 

Hey Cali, I hear you on variety. I think I have more colours and patterns than my SO and I know I certainly have more shoes! When going out I like to keep leggings fairly conservative but when relaxing at home anything goes.

Here's a quick snap of me headed out this morning to walk the dogs. I am wearing fleece lined leggings and Sorel felt pac boots (women's of course) as it's -5 this morning and a bit nippy.

Rita

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:32 am 

Rita, Nice outfit! Crissy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:51 pm 

Rita wrote:
Hey Cali, I hear you on variety. I think I have more colours and patterns than my SO and I know I certainly have more shoes! When going out I like to keep leggings fairly conservative but when relaxing at home anything goes.

Here's a quick snap of me headed out this morning to walk the dogs. I am wearing fleece lined leggings and Sorel felt pac boots (women's of course) as it's -5 this morning and a bit nippy.

Rita,
I 2nd that quote from Chrissy, but where are you we are barely in December and the # of boots u have in that pic is crazy. I haven’t seen that many pic since I was stationed in Alaska

Mandy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next