It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:02 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:13 pm 

Well after being a member here for a few weeks I've read a lot of the hot topics on the forum and thought I'd give some input on shaving the body and the tools that help us do so.

Note: I am in no way, shape, or form associated with Philips Norelco nor am I being paid or receiving any incentive to write this review.

For starters I've never been a huge fan of excessive body & pubic hair, always kept it well groomed by means of a electric trimmer. Since I started wearing panties on a regular basis I've found that it is much sexier and more comfortable to go with the clean shave. When it comes to hair I have about 5 or 6 forms of trimmers and shavers. I use a safety razor and trimmer to maintain my facial hair. Used to use a rotary shaver when I shaved every day and I also have a foil trimmer that I use when I need to make quick touch ups. I always maintained a separate trimmer that I use on the rest of my body and pubic areas. It is worth mentioning that you should not mix the shaving tools you use on your face with the rest of your body, primarily for hygienic reasons. Anyway even with my trimmer on its lowest setting (guard removed) it still wasn't as close as I wanted so I took to the internet to do some research and look for a new trimmer. Like I mentioned I use a safety razor to get a close facial shave but I would not want to use a safety razor on my body and definitely not around my pubic regions. I finally decided upon the Philips Norelco Bodygroom Series 7100 BG2040, my review is below & will be structured similar to the reviews I write on panties.

Philips Norelco Bodygrom Series 7100 BG2040

General Overview: This trimmer is very sleek and comfortable to hold in either hand, I am right handed but had no problem using this trimmer with my left hand. I have used it both wet and dry in the shower and haven't had any issues of me loosing my grip on it. This trimmer has two sides to it. One side is a trimmer with 5 guard settings and the other is a foil shaver with fine trimmers on either side of the foil. They are operated via two independent buttons. Both ends are easily disassembled for cleaning which is recommended after each use. Since I purchased my trimmer Philips has released a new extended grip version where half of the trimmer is rubber and it also says it is for body and beard despite having the same shaving heads as the original. Don't really think it is worth the increase in the price. The charging stand has a nice shape to it, folds up to save space when travelling, and also holds the trimmer at an angle when placed in it so water can drain if the trimmer is used wet.

Battery Performance: Out of the box Philips recommends that you fully charge the device and then use it until the battery is completely drained before recharging it again. It took approximately an hour for it to fully charge. Philips say that you will get between 50 & 60 minutes of use before needing to be recharged and I got at least 60 minutes of use before I needed to put it on the charger. Unlike some trimmers that gradually lose shaving power as the battery drains this trimmer maintains a high level of performance until about the last 10% when you can hear the trimmer starting to lose power.

The Shave: When it comes to the shave this trimmer really gets it done. If you simply want to trim down body hair on your legs, arms, under arm, pubes the trimmer end is very effective. Mows through hair quickly and does not get clogged or bogged down. Just select the guard length you desire and go to work. I found that the 5 guard lengths were more than sufficient for me, if you really want a close trim you can always remove the guard entirely but I haven't had the need to. The actual foil shaver is amazing. If you want a razor close shave without the hassle of using a razor this is what you need. It is recommended that you use the trimmer on its lowest setting to get the hair down as short as possible before using the foil. Once you do that flip it over and start shaving. As with regular shaving the key is multiple passes and taught skin, especially around the pubic area. There also isn't the need to use any excessive pressure. Just let the weight of the trimmer do the work. I've used this on my pubic regions, underarms, and chest/nipple area and the shave is incredibly smooth. I have used a straight razor on my chest/nipple area because it is flat and smooth and there is no discernible difference between it and this trimmer.

I really don't think that you could get much closer with a razor and even if you can the trade-off of a slightly closer shave is not worth the time that you save nor the cost and inherent risk that comes with using a cartridge razor, not to me at least. The foil will start to get a little warm after it has been running for a few minutes but that is quickly remedied by running it under some cool water. The foil end of the trimmer contours and flexes with ease making it very comfortable to use as it follows the natural curves and angles of your body. Finally if you are new to using a foil shaver it will take a couple shaves for your hair and skin to acclimate and really get the closest possible shave. I am writing this review after using this shaver for the sixth of seventh time over the last three or four weeks. When I used it the first time there were a couple nicks and a little irritation but it was nothing major. The shave also wasn't as close on the first use but the more I used it the better it got. The key is to stick with it for a few shaves before deciding. I always follow up with a nice after shave balm like Nivea Sensitive Skin after shaving to keep my skin nice and moisturized. Shaving creams and gels can be used with this trimmer if you do desire and it can be used in the shower. Philips claims these blades are self sharpening and that the foil has a recommended replacement interval of between 6 month to a year depending on use.

Price: I found this trimmer on Amazon for $59.95 plus shipping with the extended grip version going for $74.95 plus shipping. Wasn't able to find it anywhere locally including pharmacies and retailers like Wal-Mart and Target but online prices were comparable to those on Amazon. Replacement foils are found on Amazon for around $14.95 plus shipping. Whether purchased online or in store this is definitely a cheaper long term solution to buying cartridge razors.

Verdict: This trimmer is truly outstanding and has performed exceptionally well for me so far. As I mentioned earlier in the review it will take your skin and hair a couple uses to fully adjust to using this type of shaver but it is well worth it. I used to only trim my pubic hair and underarms but now I can get a nice razor close shave in the same amount of time without having to subject myself to the cost, risk, and added time of using manual razors. I looked at several other trimmers before deciding on this one but decided to go with the Philips. I have two other Philips Norelco trimmers including a rotary face shaver and a multi-groom facial trimmer that I have used for several years without issue and this trimmer is definitely in the same league as those are. This trimmer is also backed by Philips 45 Day Money Back Guarantee so if you end up not liking it you can always send it back for a full refund. Hope this helps someone looking for such a tool.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:05 pm 

Cupid great review. I use my electric Braun for the down stairs and touching up my legs in between razor shaves.

Carrie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:52 am 

Thanks Carrie. I haven't razor shaved my legs but I have started using the trimmer end to trim my leg hair down some. Have also been debating shaving my arms but I'm not entirely sure yet.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:05 am 
Moderator Emeritus

cupidbriefs wrote:
Have also been debating shaving my arms but I'm not entirely sure yet.

I've been shaving my arms (with a Bic Soleil razor) for years now. I've had my manicure professionally done for about 10 years now and part of the service is a hand and forearm massage with lotion. No need to have the nice person wade through my arm hair, so I shave it off.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:20 pm 

As I have stated many times, I really like using an epilator. No stubble and hair removal lasts at least a week before having to redo.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:48 am 

What epilator do you use?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:35 pm 

EPILADY Legend 4th generation, Model # 810-33A. I really like, it.

cupidbriefs wrote:
What epilator do you use?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:11 am 

I just bought the Philips Norelco Bodygroom Series 7100 BG2040 myself, it is an excellent product.

I bought mine at Walmart.

Jefferina-My Female Name

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:39 am 

Just got one of these delivered today, can’t wait to take it for a spin!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:50 am 

Great review...thanks for posting it.