It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:57 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Gussett
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:02 am 

Does anyone cut out the extra cotton gussett lining on their panties? I tried it on a pair of mine that didn't quite hold it all in and now they stretch perfectly. Is this a faux-pas somehow or is there a good way to do it cleanly?

Post subject: Re: Gussett
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:19 am 

If I remember correctly one of our members modifies his panties in this fashion.
Hopefully he will see this and get you the answer your looking for.

Carrie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:37 am 

I used to do that. I did it to try and make the panties (mostly VF nylon briefs) more "stealthy". To me, the white gusset screams panty. I find that it creates "bumps" at the seams that can tend to irriate. I don't do it any more.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:03 am 

I leave the gusset alone as I don't want to risk ruining any of my panties. I know I could experiment with a lesser used pair but I also think it is part of the panty wearing experience. Crissy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:09 pm 

I have, but only on a couple of my larger VF "playtime" panties. One time I did get the irritation from the seam that Luvpanties2 mentioned. But I also like the different feeling.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:16 pm 

Yep! I remove all of mine, unless doing so would look sloppy on the outside of the panty. I'm very careful, but there have been a few pair I knicked the fabric and caused a small hole. But honestly, that never happens anymore. I've gotten very good at it and got a nice pair of scissors made for fabric cutting at Wal-Mart. Having the right tool makes all the difference. I do the same with swim bottoms. I don't like the double lining. I want to feel that fabric against my skin. It's one of the main reasons I love panties! Plus it's much cooler not having a thick wad of cotton down there. Especially in summer.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:40 am 

Yes, I have tried this on a few occasions. But first of all I look very carefully at the construction before I decide. Sometimes it's worked well, sometimes not. I have found that it works best on panties that have a double front layer where the inside layer is non stretch and the outer one is stretchy, or sometimes the reverse. An example of where it worked really well is with the Curvy Kate Tease Me Boyshort Panty
https://www.herroom.com/curvy-kate-sg20 ... anty.shtml
The inner layer is quite unforgiving and initially I found the fit was disappointing - too narrow at the lower front. I realised that the outer layer is a stretchy net so I cut a hole in the inner. This still constrained the leg hems a bit so I cut out the whole of the inner layer so the outer net is what now provides the support. It worked really well, feels and looks great and provides good support. And the bonus is the attached suspenders since I much prefer panty and suspender in one garment. :-)
As someone already pointed out it has to be done very carefully so as not to damage the parts you want to keep. First make a small hole in a convenient place and then expand it with round-nosed scissors so the sharp point doesn't accidentally pick up and cut the wanted fabric - this is especially risky with lace and net fabrics. And don't cut too close to seams in case it causes seams to fail under tension.
I have only ruined two pairs of panties by making this modification, but they were not a great loss since they didn't work well either before or after the modification. Mostly it works quite well.

The little dog laughed to see such fun,
So the cat did a little bit more.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:55 am 

Pantypops, those Curvy Kate boyshorts look wonderful! I had not thought to consider a combined garment such as this. Something to add to my list.

Self-appointed spokesMAN for Soma
HUG Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:09 am 

I guess that the gusset does kind of indicate that you are wearing panties but the only person other than my wife who sees me in panties is my Dermatologist and she gives no indication of caring one way or the other..LOL
To me the gusset means that I am wearing panties and I like that!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:22 am 

Vanity Fair Lover wrote:
the only person other than my wife who sees me in panties is my Dermatologist and she gives no indication of caring one way or the other..LOL
To me the gusset means that I am wearing panties and I like that!

As stealth as we may at times think we are with our choice of panties once a female sees the Gusset they absolutely know we are wearing panties. We may trick some guys who may see our panties cause they know nothing about said gusset. The bottom line is who cares, we wear what we like.
I also like the gusset in my panties for the same reason stated by VF Lover. Crissy