It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:31 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Shaving Pubic Hair.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:33 pm 

Well I thought I had this shaving thing figured out but the last time I shaved I went with the same routine and even shaved with the grain my hair grows to avoid the bumps and burn but it was terrible! Seems like everything below the “stuff” is ok and have no problem, it’s the area above that gets all irritated, maybe it’s wear I wear my waistline that irritates it?? I’m at a loss, damn this sensitive skin! Lol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:37 am 

Mine took trial and error.
I normally take a hot shower and scrub up real good.
Shave my legs, rinse again with hot water and then use lots of conditioner to shave my pubic area.
After I shave, I rinse and put lotion on my legs and pubic area.
Try to just let the razor glide over your skin.
Like shaving your face, too much pressure causes issues.
I am getting so good at it. I LOVE the clean smooth feeling SO much!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:08 pm 

Gonna try the Cremo tonight, have some that I used to use on my face then switched to that Gigi no bump shave gel for downstairs and just ended up using it on my face too, keeping my fingers crossed...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:41 am 

I think I’m tapping out on the razor shaving above the stuff, seems like I’ve tried everything! Different Shave Gels and Creams, different razors... etc. I have had success once and can’t duplicate it again. Gonna hit it with the trimmers and call it a day, so frustrating! It wouldn’t be so bad if the irritation didn’t last for DAYS!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:49 am 

Hi I have good luck with warm water and shaving gel Keep the razor clean and replace maybe every month or two. I like the razors with flexible heads

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:08 pm 

Didyousaypanties? wrote:
I think I’m tapping out on the razor shaving above the stuff, seems like I’ve tried everything! Different Shave Gels and Creams, different razors... etc. I have had success once and can’t duplicate it again. Gonna hit it with the trimmers and call it a day, so frustrating! It wouldn’t be so bad if the irritation didn’t last for DAYS!

Don't give up just yet.

I just started shaving the upper part of my legs in the past 6-9 months, and it's not something that my skin has gotten used to quickly.
The worst area for me is the upper part of the backs of my legs, about where the legs meet the butt. This area has always an issue, because the hair does grow back pretty rapidly, and because I sit a considerable amount of the day most days, it can get sweaty and trap heat, which causes the irritation.
Also, if it goes more than a couple days, it'll get real bumpy.

I've gotten to where I shave my chest, and my waistband area down to mid-thigh about every day, and I shave the back of my legs at least every other day. This and the moisturizing lotion after getting out of the shower, have definitely helped reduce the skin irritation I was getting on the backs of my legs. I shave my chest everyday because of the stubble that comes back very quick, and I prefer to have a pretty smooth chest if I'm planning on wearing a bra any length of time, but I don't have any skin irritation there.

One last thing, do you wear a shirt tucked in or does the waistband of what you're wearing contact your skin directly? If you aren't tucking a shirt in, this can cause some irritation issues as well, because the waistband materials typically are not soft, and will rub roughly against shaved skin, and especially if there is some stubble.

Just some thoughts on the shaving approach.

FL-LL

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:12 pm 

MisterPantygirdle wrote:
Hi I have good luck with warm water and shaving gel Keep the razor clean and replace maybe every month or two. I like the razors with flexible heads

This works for me. Crissy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:36 am 

The only way I have avoided little red bumps is to apply some lotion called “Bikini Zone” which comes in a tube and works every time for me.
Nancy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:12 pm 

Crissy wrote:
Maybe go to Walmart and check out the ladies razors, I use a Venus but there are many good ones. Then check out the ladies shave gel. This is a very easy girly thing to do. Many of us use a woman's antiperspirant, just checking these out is fun too. Crissy

I grabbed a travel size Secret Powder Fresh antiperspirant tonight to give it a try, I like the scent!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:18 pm 

FL-LingerieLuvr wrote:
Didyousaypanties? wrote:

Don't give up just yet.

I just started shaving the upper part of my legs in the past 6-9 months, and it's not something that my skin has gotten used to quickly.
The worst area for me is the upper part of the backs of my legs, about where the legs meet the butt. This area has always an issue, because the hair does grow back pretty rapidly, and because I sit a considerable amount of the day most days, it can get sweaty and trap heat, which causes the irritation.
Also, if it goes more than a couple days, it'll get real bumpy.

I've gotten to where I shave my chest, and my waistband area down to mid-thigh about every day, and I shave the back of my legs at least every other day. This and the moisturizing lotion after getting out of the shower, have definitely helped reduce the skin irritation I was getting on the backs of my legs. I shave my chest everyday because of the stubble that comes back very quick, and I prefer to have a pretty smooth chest if I'm planning on wearing a bra any length of time, but I don't have any skin irritation there.

One last thing, do you wear a shirt tucked in or does the waistband of what you're wearing contact your skin directly? If you aren't tucking a shirt in, this can cause some irritation issues as well, because the waistband materials typically are not soft, and will rub roughly against shaved skin, and especially if there is some stubble.

Just some thoughts on the shaving approach.

FL-LL

Thanks for the tips, seems like I’m doing everything correctly but I don’t tuck in my shirt and my waistband does ride there, that has to be it. I am shaving my underarms, arms from the elbow up and from my waist to my knees and this is my only problem area, hope tucking my shirt in helps!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next