It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Shaving Pubic Hair.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:55 am 

is it safe for a guy like me to shave off pubic hair? When I did, I would break out a bit in a rash. What's the best way to shave off pubic hair?

Favorite panties: Joe Boxer Satin Bikinis, Vanity Fair Briefs, Victoria's Secret Panties, Vasserette Briefs, Bali Briefs, Vanity Fair Bikinis, , Hanes Nylon Lace Briefs, , Serenada Briefs, & Olga Briefs.

Post subject: Re: Shaving Pubic Hair.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:58 am 

Panty wIzard,

I'm not the expert with years of experience, but I guess I'll chime in. I don't know about the safety issue, short of no plug in razors in the shower. But I do know a little about going hairless down there. I have tried a variety of methods for hair removal. Chemical and razors, (multiple types).

The first time I went hairless I used the Nair product (chemical), The results were good, but the chemical does tend to burn sensitive tissues. Specifically for me the little folds along the base of my penis. You want to avoid contact with your penis, but some hair grows right up to and on it, so you can't avoid it. I treated the areas burned with lotion and they healed quickly. The results of the hair removal were great, nice and smooth. I really liked the feel.

Razors on the other hand left me with razor bumps. I tried a variety of razors, the multi blade with lotion, and shaving with lotion helped. Believe it or not, the results for me were not as smooth as with the Nair. I discovered that after the bumps healed, and the hair started growing back, a good electric razor was the best solution. To achieve the best results requires almost daily touch up with an electric razor.

I generally shave during the hottest months, and grow back the garden during the winter months. Still the first few times always seem to leave some discomfort, although for a short time.

I didn't cover waxing, because I've never tried it. Hopefully one of our other memebers will share their experience with waxing.

Good luck, smooth is sweet.
Pantybuona

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:39 am 

I have shaved, used Nair and epilated. Now I mostly epilate.All have advantages and disadvantages, but all work, and most issues resolve after a bit if time. Once the skin is used to being hairless it developed a tolerance, itch goes away, bumps are minimal, etc.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:48 am 

I have shaved for years, and have found that just like shaving your face, over time your skin adjusts to the regular shaving and razor burn/rash and bumps become minimal. These days, after shaving, I generally use a moisturizing skin lotion, which definitely helps to tone down any skin irritability, especially when beginning. I just recently began shaving further down on my legs (mid-thigh), both front and back, and the back of my thighs had to acclimate to the regular shaving.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:23 am 

I have been shaving for 4 or 5 years now with no ingrown hair issues. My system is as follows, I initially shaved the area in the shower using a new razor and hair conditioner. Then I use a small razor called Cleancut to shave my scrotum. It can be ordered on Amazon for about $40. It cuts closely and does not pinch or cut the skin. I then use a Norelco Body Shave to shave the flatter areas close. I only shave my pubic area and up to my belt line and it only takes a few minutes a day.
I may have to touch up with a razor but very rarely.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:33 am 

I been either bare or rockin a cute landing strip for over 30 yrs. I started with a blade but quickly went electric. One little trick I used when using a blade was right after shaving I took an ice cube and ran it over the freshly shaved area until gone. The cold helped tighten up the pores and I had no difficulty with ingrown hairs.
But an electric is so much easier. I just tidy up down there 2-3 times a week. It takes but a few minutes once you have attained the look you want. Good luck!

Carrie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:57 pm 

While i have shaved down there, the vast majority of the time i get everything waxed. Its a bit expensive at about 4-6 week intervals, but i like the results. I maintain a small landing strip as well at present.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:30 am 

I shaved my legs and never, ever my pubic hair ... My wife will not allow me - but, I keep it trim and neat and for looks alone. It's our own personal choice!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:02 am 

If I try to go all the way to the skin, I get crazy bumps and it's very uncomfortable. My preferred method is using hair clippers and using the 1/8 attachment. Super short and clean looking without the itch or bumps. I do shave my balls with my normal face razor. I don't have any issues with itching or bumps on that area. And I'll use razor at base of my penis and along the shaft for the few hairs there. Just to make it slick and soft. I like keeping it all clean and tidy. Good luck!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:39 am 

After initially shaving, I use tweezers to keep it hair free. When I let it go a little, I use an epilator. Even on the boys.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next