It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:48 pm 
Moderator Emeritus

DanSexyLinerie wrote:
It sounds like she wants to "petticoat" you.

In case any of you are unfamiliar with the concept of Petticoating, take a look here: https://www.petticoated.com/

To tell the truth, I think a lot of the stories there a fiction. ;-)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:55 pm 

Some really good advice has been offered up. Most of us are on the other side of that fence trying to convince our wife's that we just like the finer things in life. I myself get upset when my wife says things which indicate which clothes belong to women and which to men. Granted I do wear a lot of women's clothes, and do so looking like a man with a beard, hairy chest etc. I also feel a slight twinge if my wife buys something say like water bottles and she comes home with a purple one for her and a gray one for me, in my head I am thinking she is trying to tell me something. So, trust your wife, tell her you may need time to adjust to your own feelings of who you are but also thank her for being so supportive, most of us are on the other spectrum.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:15 pm 

InHiding - I due understand what you are saying. I'm going on 40 and have been with my SO for over 14 yrs. I told her about my dressing approx. 5 yrs ago and while she is accepting and has bought some items for me, I still feel weird. I think when coming from a place where this secret side of you has been hidden for so many years, I think it takes time to fully accept this new found place of freedom/liberation to be your true self. At least that's my thoughts on the matter.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:49 pm 

Remember these words, "It's just cloth." I agree, based on what you've said, InHiding, she may have a fantasy to have her man in lingerie. Talk about it in a place where there are no distractions going on (TV, iPhones, etc. are off) and you have each other's attention. Explore her thoughts and yours. Be honest, but initially, at least, don't volunteer more than is asked for. Ask questions about her feelings and let her validate your own. The little you've said about her gives me no reason to think she is looking to dominate you or sissify you. I think she wants to support you and has an interest in that direction as well. As you can't exactly say what your doubt about her is, you'll need to learn more. You are married and the relationship requires respect, honesty, love, and many other 2-way relationships. You have been hurt by previous relationships and past "training". Your religious training may be holding you back, despite rejecting it. I would recommend embracing your femininity (to whatever degree you have) and live it in the moment. We always talk about baby steps for the wife's sake, but in your case, let her know your discomfort in pursuing your desires and let her help you.
Bali

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:26 am 

BaliHigh wrote:
Remember these words, "It's just cloth."

I don't think that's so. If it was "just cloth" then we wouldn't be wanting to do what we do. My wife, when she found out (I told her, but she already suspected) asked why I couldn't wear men's underwear in nice fabrics. And the real reason (as lots of people here will attest) is that those aren't women's knickers, and so they don't give the same pleasure.

In response to the original poster, the advice given about talking to her about it is very sound; in fact it's the only thing to do. "I feel awkward about this because I've hidden it for so long and now you're going faster than me" is the message, and it has to be talked out. But lucky man, as others have said.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:39 pm 

The "its just cloth" thing is true in a sense. What it represents to those that fear any change in traditional gender roles, is another matter. The basis for non-acceptance is usually fear. Fear is the basis for a lot of negativity in life.

There is sub-set of society that still does not want those roles changed and even wants no governmental or cultural validation/legitimacy for those that are gender variant. Fear again. Thankfully that sub-set is getting smaller every year for as a result of both demographics and education.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:18 pm 

Munlatfrip, I would have to ask just where these men's underwear in fine fabrics are. There are places to get lingerie that is "made for men" but often the construction is not very good, the workmanship is questionable, the fit is poor, and above all the price is 3 or times the same item in the women's side. Also the equivalent "women's" item is better made and is much nicer material to boot. Given a choice I'll take the lower priced item that is better made that fits properly and call it mine. And If I am wearing it, it is my garment not a woman's garment.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:29 pm 

An update here about how things are going (Sorry to unearth this thread if it’s a bother.)

I’m still having a difficult time with underdressing, but things are getting a little easier. My wife went to torrid and picked out several panties for me, and she comments on which ones are her favorites. We just had a baby, so we have far less sex than normal, but still a few times per month. That’s only relevant because it seems that I’m becoming more comfortable with wearing panties when I know there will be no sex involved. It’s becoming more a part of me and happening naturally, whereas before, it was usually based around my ideas around sex, which made me feel dirty.

A few weeks ago, she made me a hobble skirt, which is incredibly restrictive and impossible to take off without unzipping. She also altered another skirt that I had purchased, but was too large. All this to say, I’m very comfortable with her, and she often recommends that I should be dressing for bed, or underdressing for work. This morning she told me to wear my bra, which I didn’t because I still feel awkward, but one day at a time, I’m becoming more comfortable with who I am.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:11 am 

As someone who feels hurt every day from an unaccepting (tolerant, but begrudgingly) wife, I envy the acceptance you are being given. Cherish it (and her). Your desire to wear feminine things is not dirty or shameful irregardless of what old (ignorant and uninformed) internalized messages might linger in your brain. Nancy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:03 pm 

Never feel like what your doing is wrong. I wish I had a wife who approved like yours.Throw out those men's underwear and be true to yourself .