It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:35 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:24 pm 

I get a manicure and pedicure once a month on average and also have my eyebrows waxed. I use an epilator about every 2 or 3 weeks and remove all the hair from my neck to my toe, except for my forearms which i trim very short. I usually put on some makeup if we are going out to dinner or a movie for the evening I guess you can call me a high maintenance girl. And I love it!

Hugs,
Betty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:52 am 

Manicures and pedicures every month, get my back, torso and bikini area waxed every 5-6 weeks. Eyebrows waxed every 4 weeks. Down to shaving my legs about 1-22 times a week because estrogen is making it grow slower

Get my hair done every 8 weeks or so at present. Wear at least a little makeup every day. Get a massage probably every couple months.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:14 am 

I'm somewhat high maintenance at times. I get a mani every 2 weeks and a pedi once a month. It's like clockwork, the same day of the week and to the same salon every time. If for whatever reason I cannot get in on my normal day my day is ruined until I get in. No waxing for me but do shave my chest/belly, arms, and legs regularly.

What I do find is that when my nails start to look like crap or if I break one before my next nail salon trip I get very disgusted with the way they look. My one acrylic nail I broke it this morning and it's bugging the heck out of me. I don't go back until next week. It's not bad enough to go right now but it has crossed my mind a few times today. I know 1st world girly problems LOL. So would you call me high maintenance?

Lacy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:52 am 

In the Fall and Winter Time - I shave my (every 3-4 days) legs in order to put on my tights for warmth. Rest of the year ... I don't. I do keep my toenails and fingernails trimmed but never polish them. Regular shaving, haircut, and beard trim too ...

So, I'm somewhat a low maintenance but Laura likes the way I keep myself neat and proper.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:29 pm 
Moderator Emeritus

LacyNC wrote:
I'm somewhat high maintenance at times. I get a mani every 2 weeks and a pedi once a month. It's like clockwork, the same day of the week and to the same salon every time.

I've been going to the same salon at 4PM on Saturday every week since the summer of 2007. The women who work there worry if I'm late and I always tell them if I'm going to be out of town and miss a week. There are other customers who also expect to see me there then.

Speaking of high maintenance, I also do my face every morning with under eye cream, day cream, eye shadow to go with what I'm going to be wearing, a dab of concealer for my sun spots, a brushover with bronzer/blush and lipstick after I brush my teeth.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:28 am 

Right now I think it would be a close race between Robbie and Nanciboy for overall high maintenance winner. Crissy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:52 am 

I guess so.

Nails every week.

Toes were once a month I start getting nervous after two weeks.

Cut and color was every month but I three weeks when I can.

Eyebrows no more than two weeks.

My wife says I go more than her but everything I do was at her suggestion.

And if my hair starts looking gray she tells me it's time to go.

Went for a facial once was not impressed.

Michelle.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:41 pm 
Moderator Emeritus

Crissy wrote:
Right now I think it would be a close race between Robbie and Nanciboy for overall high maintenance winner. Crissy

You're going to have to add Michelle to the list too.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:51 am 

Nanciboy, I agree Michelle makes a strong case for "Miss High Maintenance". Crissy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:00 am 

Not really... Just a back waxing every month or so (I am due for one this week). I am letting the salon lady determine the best time for haircuts.

~Maria

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next