It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:33 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:42 am 

I can assure you, we can indeed change our birth gender, because gender and sexual characteristics in the form of Chromosomes and body parts are not the same. Gender is a construct. Its social, its presentation, its legal, its all sorts of things that are different for everyone. Gender is typically assigned by parents, teachers and peers. 95% of people just run with it as assigned.

Your gender identification has nothing to do with whom you love, whom you have sex with etc. That is a standalone thing as well.I am as much a woman as any woman. Can't have kids though, not the right age or biology, that stuff comes from sexual characteristics.

Gender fluid people or bigender or agender or non-binary folks generally have a different sort of identification and they suit their gender presentation to themselves in many different ways. I do know at least one or two genderfluid folks that use the same pronouns as i do; she, her and hers.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:36 pm 

I am a straight white male and wear things that are comfortable (panties and skirts)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:31 pm 

Nope , not at all.

I am a man who loves panties and painted toes.

Nothing more than that, in my mind.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:42 am 

This is difficult to answer, and I was fascinated to read all the replies so far. I can Identify with just about everything that's been said.
I guess I consider myself as gender fluid in some ways. I am a man and present as a man, I do "manly" stuff like welding and lathe work. I like being with women and have no interest in men in a sexual way. I generally feel masculine but have a definite feminine side which can express itself emotionally and in clothing interests for example. I often think that if I'd been born in a women's body I would have been lesbian.
So I do wear women's clothing and, as LaceNGarters said, I regard much of it as asexual, or gender neutral, even some stuff that looks distinctly girly. If I want to wear lace why shouldn't I?
And I love the term "Metrosexual" that AndiePantie used, I can identify with that and make clothing choices that align with it.
And like Pantyprof I like to think "non-binary"... if there is an item of clothing I like and want to wear, I don't mind which side of the store it comes from, I will buy it and (given sufficient courage) wear it out and about.

A lot of the terms used in this thread seem to be different ways of philosophising the same thing, each way is a very personal approach to accepting and describing the feelings that each of us has. And what amazing diversity it represents.

As for meeting other gender fluid people, quite simply I don't. It's not that I avoid them, I'm just not aware of any in the social circles I inhabit. At least I have not noticed any gender-fluid, so they might be fluid but stealthy :-) And I have quite a few wonderful openly gay friends. So I am alone in this and that can make one feel quite lonely, and from that can arise feelings of abnormality sometimes leading to depression for some people. In that respect I take great comfort from the rising acceptance here in the UK (and hopefully other places too) of gender fluidity and "gueerness" (their name for it, not ours). It shocks some people of course so there is a counter-reaction or anti-fluidity dialogue going on, but generally by people with non-liberal views on many subjects. Have faith, be strong and give it time I say.

All the rest eat marmalade,
Except granny and she rides a bicycle.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:41 am 

pantypops wrote:
T Have faith, be strong and give it time I say.

Absolutely important to say - the world is steadily getting better in this respect.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:08 pm 

RobynD wrote:
Absolutely important to say - the world is steadily getting better in this respect.

Yes, I agree, and about time too. But it still needs encouragement.

All the rest eat marmalade,
Except granny and she rides a bicycle.