It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:41 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Bra sizing
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:27 am 

I went shopping this past weekend and of coarse had to peruse the dainties. I came across
some satin shorts that had matching bras. I wear a 40b and of coarse they don't have that
size and the next closest was a 38c. They were both on sale, summer clearance, the shorts
were 3.00 and the bra was only 5.00. I said what the heck for 5 bucks I'll give it a try.
Surprisingly enough the bra was a little tight but not terrible and the cups fit really well.
So yay me! The only thing now is that I realize I can wear a 38c bra this opens up my options.
Yay me again...I think. This could get a little costly. LOL!

Post subject: Re: Bra sizing
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:24 pm 

You can buy bra extenders to make your bra into a 40c by adding them to the fastners ;)
I was the same when i bought my forms , it opened up a new world when buying bras because i could actually find my correct size :)
Amber♡♡♡

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:11 pm 

Amber wrote:
You can buy bra extenders to make your bra into a 40c by adding them to the fastners ;)
I was the same when i bought my forms , it opened up a new world when buying bras because i could actually find my correct size :)
Amber♡♡♡

I do the the same thing. Really I would be a 42A OR 42B. It is just impassable to find that size, so I get a 40B and use an extender. They fit perfect.

Robin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:47 am 

Nice! Often sister sizes like that work just fine. To a 40B you could try 38C or 42A

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:36 am 

I found a great bra sizing method a few days ago, and now can't find the exact site it was on, again...
But at any rate, I'll go from memory, and this should get a good start for anyone trying bras the first time.

First find your band size by using a tailor's measuring tape or even a string, exhale and measure the circumference of your torso under your arms and beneath the breast tissue. This is at the base of where the breasts begin. Pull the tape measure or string tight for this measurement. Round down to the nearest whole number and write that number down. This is your band size.

Next, laying on you back on the floor, take the circumference measurement of your torso at the point your breasts are the fullest, but this time, don't pull the tape measure tight...this should be a relaxed or loose measurement and once again, exhale . Round up to the nearest whole number and write that number down. this is your bust measurement.

Subtract the band measurement from the bust measurement to get the difference.

If The Difference Is: Your Cup Size Is:
0″-1/2″ (1.3 cm) AA
1/2″- 1″ (2.6 cm) A
2″ (5.1 cm) B
3″ (7.6 cm) C
4″ (10.2 cm) D
5″ (12.7 cm) DD or E
6″ (15.2 cm) DDD or F
7″ (17.8 cm) G
8″ (20.3 cm) H
9” (22.9 cm) I
10″ (25.4 cm) J