It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:45 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Forum rules

Feel free to start new threads, create polls, discuss articles and make suggestions, but please refrain from explicit content.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:30 am 

So I am sitting here this morning contemplating men and women as I often do. I saw a news clip last night where a woman said that men cannot talk about a woman or women as being “hot”. But women can discuss if men are attractive because that’s ok.

So sitting here in my nightgown and nylon robe, with my shaved legs and panties on... I wonder what women think of men who shave their legs so I do a quick search. Essentially men can’t shave their legs unless they are a pro athlete. Men can’t shave their chest but also can’t have too much chest hair... men can’t shave their arms ever. Men can’t have an unkempt beard it has to be crisp with nice lines, men should not have back hair...

If women have all these social rules in regards to men, why can’t men say if a woman is attractive or not? Sometimes I feel it would have been easier to play on the other team. I don’t always shave my legs but do from time to time. My wife felt them briefly the other night and with shock said “did you shave your legs?!?” And I said yes... then a drawn out “okkkkk”. I don’t know where I am going, other than some days I just hate women for being able to do whatever they want and making sure men are stuck in the shadows as the inferior sex.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:54 am 

These are interesting things to ponder. There are for sure double standards out there and some of them do not favor males. I would say though that in my opinion, the scale is heavily in favor of males still in most aspects of society. You are far, far from the inferior sex in about 75 different metrics that can be measured constantly.

Having been on both sides of sorts, i do see a significant difference in the way men will notice and comment on women's beauty, who they will comment to and the choice of words used. Women will certainly say a guy is cute or hot to their friends, they seem to do it a much less confrontational or public manner. There are friends that we would say things to that we would never say within earshot of others. Whereas males seem to be more conditioned by the whole masculinity thing, to be more open to other males and more public about it. These are overgeneralized to make a point.

I think you can politely notice attractiveness in the right settings without being creepy. choice of words like .."you look lovely tonight" "that is an awesome outfit" . "She is really good looking" etc is a lot different than "lord have mercy, look at this coming" " #$%^ is she hot! ". Delivery and at some level the decorum of polite socialization breaks down. The former is polite and nice, the latter is objectifying and not so nice.

Finally, as society slowly shifts to more and more equality, one of the important things is that women are finding it is ok to pursue males they like and want to date, and not have to do the old dance of wait for a man to initiate, lest she be labeled a "harlot". This in my opinion is a huge equalizer on how men and women interact. I could write a lengthy blog post on that. Change will always feel odd to people use to different for sure though. Ultimately we all get to enjoy the benefits of that change.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:25 pm 

The woman on the program I was watching said “men cannot say anything about how a woman looks “period”.” It is objectifying women to do so. But women can objectify men because that is ok for them to do.

Bottom line, if I say a woman looks nice or say that dress is nice on her I am objectifying her and that is grounds for sexual harassment. What women really want if for men to look at the floor, say yes you are right, and hand over our pay checks. I am brushing with a large brush right now and I know that but I also don’t really think I am far off.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:06 pm 

VanityFaith wrote:
The woman on the program I was watching said “men cannot say anything about how a woman looks “period”.” It is objectifying women to do so. But women can objectify men because that is ok for them to do.

Bottom line, if I say a woman looks nice or say that dress is nice on her I am objectifying her and that is grounds for sexual harassment. What women really want if for men to look at the floor, say yes you are right, and hand over our pay checks. I am brushing with a large brush right now and I know that but I also don’t really think I am far off.

Well obviously i don't agree but if you have a link to the program i'd love to watch it if i could. Like you, all of these things are quite interesting to me.

Thanks VF

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:38 am 

Let me ask this where are you both from? I think your geographical location is the difference of opinion

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:48 am 

Also on that thought I heard a news story on our local news about a woman who was concerned about her work environment, she states that all the men she works with don’t even say hello to her becaus they are afraid they will be accused of sexual misconduct if they say anything that she isn’t work related, I also feel that way if the woman of the world are not carefull they are going to be awfully lonely because all the men are going to walk around with their hands in their pockets and their eyes on the ground.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:59 am 

That’s exactly what the wack a doo in the program I watched wants men to do, heads down hands in the pockets, don’t look at women, don’t think about women, men are dirty rotten pigs, and women can do no wrong ever.