It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:18 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Forum rules

Feel free to start new threads, create polls, discuss articles and make suggestions, but please refrain from explicit content.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:41 am 

Mine are a light pink today

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:42 am 

Cali wrote:
Amber wrote:
Fingers are gold glitter and toes are bright pink.
Twice now whilst out shopping i have been asked if i was wearing nail polish, and i stood up tall infront of everyone and replied yes i am :)

Do many people in jolly old England have (born with) gold glitter fingernails?
The only questions I get is "Gel or polish?" Gel for my fingers, mostly polish on my toes, some gel.

Yesterday, one of male students who has a professional finance career complained that he got a mani-pedi at the same time and they filed his fingernails to slant to one side because she was sitting next to him doing the mani while someone was doing his pedi.

The thing is in the uk cali men are never seen to wear nail polish , so when people see me they just spurt it out ,are you wearing nail polish lol.
However in last years big brother all the men in the house wore it , i was praying for it to become a trend in the uk so i could get away with it. But sadly it wasnt meant to be . Not that it stops me anyway, i try and stay away from bold colors like reds etc so not to make it too obvious and draw attention :)
♡♡♡

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:33 pm 

I know that some of you get upset with talk about nail polish. For those of you that get upset, hit the back button and read a different thread.
For the others thanks for staying. I have always loved nail polish and would paint my nails of and on again since the 1980's. About 2008 I start to get pedicures and color toenails.
I now consider my nail color as changable body art. Try changing your tatoo every two weeks.
Today I passed a new barrier of mine. Most of my manicures I have keep my fingernail polish with mostly sparkles. Today my Halloween Nails are
2 layers of Gelish BLACK
Then she had this silver sparkle gel that she put on in 3 layers to form an ombre to silver tips.
Then three layers of shine.
There is no hiding my nails now. They are simply gorgeous and exquisite, I'm overwhelmed by them. I find myself staring at them as I type.
A new standard for me.
I'll try to find a way to post photos of them.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:38 pm 

Cali, Your nails sound fantastic and I like your thought on calling them changeable body art, good for you! Crissy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:16 pm 
Moderator Emeritus

Today's manicure:
Right hand OPI Color so Hot it Berns (deep red)
Left hand OPI Japanese Rose Garden (rose pink)
If someone asks me why two colors I'm going to tell them with my chemo-brain I need a reminder which hand was my right. I guess to take it to the logical conclusion I could have done my left in Lucky, Lucky Lavender, but I think the red and rose work better.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:59 pm 

This time I have a deep purple, eggplant gel with silver glitter gel tips.
I get 3-4 compliments on my nails a day. My manicurist is the best, she is book with regulars with her next opening after Christmas. It's great to be a regular.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:43 pm 

Cali wrote:
This time I have a deep purple, eggplant gel with silver glitter gel tips.
I get 3-4 compliments on my nails a day. My manicurist is the best, she is book with regulars with her next opening after Christmas. It's great to be a regular.

Cali, Your nails sound simply wonderful, color me envious on this one. Crissy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:11 pm 

Gelish Plum Thing Magical with rose gold glitter tips
https://www.google.com/search?q=gelish+plum+thing+magical&tbm=isch&source=iu&pf=m&ictx=1&fir=lOPofTkpvXz5yM%253A%252CaQbJN7BYjSScTM%252C_&usg=__VDsplyL3lX7gyM7I_BtVAUTcMgY%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwia0ZWw5sHXAhXI24MKHTaJCjYQ9QEIKDAA#imgrc=lOPofTkpvXz5yM:
It's the IN color this season.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:28 pm 

Today after my waxing I got my finger nails done.
Dark blue gel with grey glitter tips.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:33 pm 
Moderator Emeritus

Miss Piggy's Big Number from OPI. Part of a Muppet Movie line they put out several years ago.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16