It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:08 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Forum rules

Feel free to start new threads, create polls, discuss articles and make suggestions, but please refrain from explicit content.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:02 pm 
Moderator Emeritus

I've been having my nails professionally manicured for more than six years. In the beginning they were polished with a clear top coat. After awhile I started having them done in one of the Essie pale pink colors that the shop owned. When I couldn't get the color I wanted from week to week, I started buying the sheer French Manicure colors from Orly. Last year I started using some of the shop's light neutrals or pinks from OPI. My manicurist brought out a bottle from their secret stash one day that was just a bit bolder. (It's a discontinued color that is the favorite of another customer.) In the last couple of months I've started using really rich OPI colors. Started off one week with just the pinkie on each hand, progressed to all the fingers of one hand and for the last couple of weeks both hands. Last week it was Japanese Cherry Blossom. This week it's Pink Flamingo. I brought both that color and another called Sweet Heart (pale pink) and let the manicurist choose the color. She choose the the one that is more fun. ;-)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:12 pm 

I wish I could have my nails done up so…! Unfortunately my work destroys my hands…especially my nails.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:31 pm 

My are just a gel coat on top of acylric, buff to look natural. But it does look like I have French tip, but it natural.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:11 pm 

satinnlace wrote:
I wish I could have my nails done up so…! Unfortunately my work destroys my hands…especially my nails.

Tell me about it...sigh
I'm painting and doing construction and working back end in restaurants. All the water wastes my hands and well painting = paint thinner. No Buenos on painted nails right now. Toes I can do

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:03 pm 

Clear at this moment. In the next day or two it will be Sally Hanson, Petal Pusher, courtesy of the W before we go on vacation.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:58 pm 
Moderator Emeritus

Well, today is Australia Day, so I've gone patriotic with green & gold - a green base coat with gold crackle over the top, finished off with clear gloss.

=80)~

Attachments:
20140126_135037.jpg
20140126_135037.jpg [ 1.8 MiB | Viewed 1687 times ]

""Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." (Dr Seuss: Sneetches Are Sneetches)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:26 am 

Yesterday was my second ever manicure and first ever combo; mani/pedi/eyebrow wax. Toes are bright blue but fingers are a French manicure and I have every intention to wear them to work tomorrow. Not so sure that I will but I sure want to.

TTFN
Lisa

WOW! Did I upload the wrong file or WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:29 am 

China glaze "rush" its a pearl color with high gloss enamel top coat. Toes are actually same color but the top coat is a high gloss enamel with glitter in it.

I did this color to match my pearl necklace and bracelet. Looks nice.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:15 pm 

I only occasionally do my fingers (unlike my toes). When I do, usually go with a pink shade, sometimes purple. Usually only for a day. I also do them clear, which I leave on until they start to look bad.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:58 am 

today was the first time I went out in public with my fingernails painted (bright pink)
it was exhilarating

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next