It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:43 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Forum rules

This is a place to let other lovers of lingerie know about your favorite items and share reviews of various products. No affiliate links please.

Post subject: Dainty Lady bras
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:31 pm 

I just thought I would post a review of a some lingerie I have from this manufacturer. Much of their range is made to order, and although this means that orders can take a while to arrive I also means that they can often help with getting just the right fit. I wear a size 38AAAA as I prefer not to use any enhancements, but still want to wear a well fitting bra. My underband measurement is about 36 inches, and going by their usual sizing they recommended a 40 initially, but I found this too big. I got some really helpful fitting advice from them over the phone, and returns were not a problem.

Heather non-padded bra, http://www.daintylady.co.uk/heather-non-padded-bra/ this is a fairly plain cotton bra, with just a little lace on the neckline of the cups. I find it fits me really well, it gives me a nice but subtle shape and good support (even though I don't really need to wear a bra). I got this bra because I found that wearing a padded bra sometimes made me feel a bit self conscious about my breasts being a bit too noticeable to people when out. As this bra is unpadded it doesn't make my breasts too obvious despite their more feminine shape. I also find it to be a very comfortable bra to wear. I haven't tried the matching panties yet, as I don't tend to wear cotton ones, although I was so pleased with the quality and comfort of the bra that I will probably be getting the matching panties in due course.

Rosa non-wired bra http://www.daintylady.co.uk/rosa/ I also have this padded, non-wired satin bra. It is in a lovely satin fabric with lace and little rosebud details and available in a variety of colours. I was very surprised how much shape it gave me given that the cups seem to be only relatively lightly padded. I think it must do a very good job of shaping what breast tissue I do have into the right shape, rather than relying on padding alone. I have a definite (but small, I'm only wearing a 38AAAA) pair of breasts when I put this bra on. I also find it to be an extremely comfortable bra to wear, and it is more supportive than the non-padded cotton bra. It was getting this bra, and finding how comfortable it was to wear, that started me wearing a bra more regularly and all day, rather than just the odd hour or two here or there. This style seems to me to fit slightly smaller than the cotton one, perhaps due to being made from a less stretchy fabric.
There are several styles of matching panties, of which I have tried both the bikini briefs and the hipster shorts. They are both made in the same lovely satin fabric as the bra, and have the same lace trim and rosebud details. I found that the hipster shorts gave me much better support than any other similarly styled, lose fitting panties, although overall I felt that they were just a bit too skimpy for my tastes, so I don't wear them all that often. The bikini panties are equally pretty, and I found in a later order that having the gusset made slightly wider gave me an excellent fit for my body.

Post subject: Re: Dainty Lady bras
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:48 am 

I recently tried one of these non-padded bras by Dainty Lady
It's made in a very light, slightly sheer, fabric and is really comfy to wear just as I have come to expect from this brand. It's not padded, which is quite unusual for their bras, and it's great for times when you don't want too much projection, but still want to wear a bra. I had hoped that it would be good to wear under a T-shirt, but it is trimmed in a rather pretty frill around the cups and this can tend to show through a thin shirt. Consequently it's probably a bit more for the boudoir or a glamorous night out than for everyday wear. Highly recommended if you are looking for a pretty non-padded bra, the only down side is that it's only available in black, it would look great in a pale pink.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:21 am 

satinbikini, Very pretty bra, thanks for the review. Crissy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:19 pm 

Thanks for the review satinbikini.

Carrie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:10 pm 

I just thought I would post here that they have a big sale on at the moment with 40% off most of their ranges, and that's on top of the rather poorly performing local currency. Well worth a look, although it seems that the sale will not be on for long http://www.daintylady.co.uk/