It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Forum rules

This is a place to let other lovers of lingerie know about your favorite items and share reviews of various products. No affiliate links please.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:53 am 

NylonBriefs wrote:
I have looked at the VF Illumintion briefs online and have been tempted to try a pair. However, does anyone know if the briefs come up as high on the waist as the VF Lace Nouveau or Ravissant style? Those two styles fit me well and I find them quite comfortable.

The briefs run on the smaller size in terms of fit. They are not as high-rise or as easy-fitting as ravissant. The illumination brief also stretches less than the other cuts.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:37 pm 

These are my go-to panties, also. I started with Sears VIPs many years ago, switched to VF Ravissants and finally switched to Illuminations - they fit better and give better support.

Between briefs (winter), hi-cuts, and string bikinis (summer) I've got over 50 pairs in every color of the rainbow. Add a 1/2-dozen pair of the Helenca lace hi-cuts (which they unfortunately no longer make) and I'm up to almost 60 pair.

As Tina says the lace high-cuts are especially comfortable in the hot humid weather.

They are all very comfortable, launder well, look and feel great - even the string bikini. If they're positioned right, they are also very comfortable. With proper washing (delicate cycle, rack dry) they last for years.

Have purchased them from a variety of sources: Amazon, Kohl's, but the best deal is Macy's occasional buy 3, get 3 sales. Buying 6 at a time quickly builds the collection.

Nylon Briefs - just tried a pair of Illumination briefs over a pair of Lace Nouveaus - almost a perfect match (at least on me); waist at same height on both styles with a very slight difference in the legs.
I wear a size 5 in the Lace Nouveau and size 6 in the regular Illumination brief (not hi-cut brief).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:59 pm 

Nice little write up cyclist! You watching the Tour?

Carrie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:13 am 

Not so far, Carrie, been busy with other chores, routine Dr. Appts, etc. Since today is supposed to be pretty hot, it may be good idea to sit in the A/C with a cold beer and catch up.

Happy 4th of July to all.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:40 pm 

Really love wearing PANTIES, vanity fair vasserette hi-cut bikini, best n the world, fit so good. Slick, smooth, shiny
..n I look best n white. 5or6

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:09 pm 

24hourpantyman, Welcome to HWP, take a few minutes to tell us something about yourself. Crissy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:43 am 

Thanks for the comparisons between the ravissant briefs and the illumination briefs. I may just go for a pair but it sounds as if I might go one size up from what I wear in the ravissant or lace nouveau styles

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:00 am 

Nylon Briefs

I've found the VF sizing to be quirky. I take a size 5 in the Ravissant/Lace Noveau style, size 6 in the Illumination style (brief or hi cut), and a size 7 in the Body Caress briefs.

It may just be a matter of personal taste; I don't like baggy underwear. The Ravissants don't have a spandex content and the size 6 are a bit loose, hence I go with a size 5. On the other hand, the Body Caress have a higher spandex content (I like them for support when cycling), hence I find the size 6 a bit tight and go with size 7. All of my other panties are size 6 (mainly Jockey NPLP or Barbra briefs).

On top of all this is the individual variation among panties in the same nominal size.
Perhaps the empirical approach (trial & error) is best.
Happy hunting.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:49 am 

I had to add my two cents. I agree. Love these panties and wear them often.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:02 am 

I bought a pair of the string bikini's in a dark blue. They feel very nice on. Not nearly as silky as I prefer, but very comfy to wear.

On sizing, I agree that going one size up in these is right. I wear 8's and would prefer these in 9. I'll buy another in 9 to try.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next