It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:49 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Erin Joanna - Update
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:11 pm 

Cali wrote:
I think part of the concern is that how much effort and emotion is put into this matter. Especially regarding your family. If you only see them for short periods of time, how does the subject of what underwear you have on come up. To me the concerns seems to be disproportionate to the reality. This site is about wearing what you want and not being forced into wearing some else.

I must agree with Cali on this. You seem to be ruled by your family and your in-laws, not what YOU want to wear. If you only spend so little time with your and her family why do you worry about what they think. Why don't you stand up for yourself?
Fran

And may the wind carry a voice
That tells you there is a friend
Wishing you well!

"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not"
Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:05 pm 

Considering I've only been on this forum for a few months, I may be out of line here, and I apologize for stepping on any toes about this, but I've been reading back through this thread, and IMO, there's a hint of criticism and "bullying" going on in this thread, directed at Erin.

Without first hand direct knowledge of Erin's situation, it's unfair to make judgements of the decisions HE AND HIS SPOUSE have made. And, it's even more unfair for anyone here, to rationalize/justify for Erin, what he should or should not wear. These decisions are not between this forum and Erin, they are between Erin and his family. Further, there are comments in this thread that seem to demand Erin justify, to this forum, these decisions.

The decisions, motivations and negotiations made by Erin, are just that....decisions by Erin. I believe it's more appropriate to support Erin's decision, and should things change (in either direction) down the road, then so be it. Erin's decision affects no one but Erin.

If one of us had a SO who previously, had seemed ok with our choice to wear (and I'll use a silly example here) a red bow tie and a tall striped top hat (a la cat in the hat), and then suddenly they were not comfortable with that daily attire, it's reasonable that in order to preserve the relationship, a negotiation and subsequent compromise would be expected. You don't throw a relationship out the window without considering your SO's perspective.

FL-LL

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:30 pm 

[quote="Erin Joanna"]I wear Nylon Boxers Shorts with my own Immediate Family - My three older brothers and their family and nothing else.

I can see where this might cause problems.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:38 am 

This thread is headed in the wrong direction
So it's been locked.

Carrie

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3