It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:12 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Re: Shopping
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:28 am 

Dressing Rooms:

Years ago there was a store near where I lived that sold pants. The "dressing rooms" were large barrels that were hinged sort of like a clam shell and had a bench inside. When you were inside your shoulders and up were exposed, and from the knees down. The barrels were in a line and there were about eight of them. That's where you tried on the pants. One time when changing into a pair of pants a young lady was in the next barrel, about two feet from me and we were both trying on pants. They had pegs inside to hang things on but things would fall off. It was interesting and I loved that store.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:13 pm 

Once a month I go to a little lingerie shop in the local town to where I am based. They have been very kind to me and are always helpful and friendly. There are two ladies that are either both there or one or the other.

The blonde lady is the one that I've got to know the most. She always chats with me and asks me lots of questions. She understands what I look for in a pair of knickers and is great at spotting potential items. She also likes to encourage me to try different things.

One time, it was late in the day and I had the shop to myself. I'd picked a couple of pairs of kickers and she saw me looking at a bralet. She smiled and said 'would you like to try one'?

Thinking she meant if I'd like to buy it I made an excuse saying I had no idea if it would fit or not.

She went out back and came back with one on a hanger in what she guessed was my size. 'Try it on. The changing room is back there'. She showed me the way and in I went.

Totally different to men's. More like a boudoir. Very sexy and nice. I quickly stripped off my top and fumbled with the bralet. While I was there she passed me other tops to try on. I loved it.

I have since found out that I'm not into bras etc but to be there, in that area was such a thrill.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:52 pm 

Kinckerseveryday, What a wonderful experience, I wish I had a lingerie store like that. You are lucky for sure. Crissy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:58 am 

When Fredericks had brick and mortar stores, I would go there and try on lingerie. It took me awhile to muster the courage to ask but once I did, it felt great. Eventually, I did that at about 4 different FOH stores. It's a long story so I won't bore anyone here.

Also, tried on in one VS store when I was the only customer in the store.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:42 am 

I also shopped at Frederick's of Hollywood often and would try on different items there. The sales girls were always friendly and helpful. A few told me they had many male customers shopping for themselves. I shop At Victoria's Secret often and try things on there. The sales girls always manage to get me to a changing room unless they are extremely busy.
Hugs,
Betty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:46 am 

so I had a great experience last week.
I had some service work out in SB last week so I thought on the way back why not stop at the Elsinore Outlets, I know a little out of the way but were talking panties!

so I noticed on the onehansplace.com site that they were discontinuing the Bali Free Form brief. one of my favorites of all time. great full cut brief with a 5-inch wide crotch that is huge. Best uni-sex pantie ever. So I called the Elsinore outlet and asked if they had any. A sweet young girl answered and found what I was looking for and put them on the side till I got there. I got there and she helped me look through the racks till we found some more that were out of place. We talked while looking and I told her they were for me and asked her if a lot guys come in for them and she said yes and the Bali SkimpSkamp briefs as well. She was really cool about it. She asked what I liked about them and I said the full cut and showed her the crotch. I said your a pretty young thing and so skinny you probably don't understand a guy like me. She smiled and said she hears all kinds of stories.
So with a smile and some leaking going on, we picked the last 10 panties. only 1 size 8, and 5 each of the size 9 and 10. Close out sale 6 for $36 so not a bad deal $80 all together. I have to hide them and save for a while. My wife would shoot me if she knew I bought more panties. She teases me all the time that I could go a whole year and not wear the same panties twice, don't buy any more but you know that is impossible for a pantie fetishist. and these are the last ones. Wish I had made the move sooner. Oh well the search goes on for the best panty. Was really fun to speak openly to the girl, thumb through the racks and trade panties as we found so many out of sorts and I helped her fix the racks.
happy holidays to all of you and happy lingerie shopping. can't wait to do it again.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:33 pm 

I am out of town on business. I have an AM meeting tomorrow that I don't expect to last more then 2 hours. Then have to rest of the day until a late afternoon meeting at 4PM so I am going to do some shopping. I have not had a chance to do this for some time and being in a new place will make it that much more fun as I have to tell the SAs that I am shopping for myself.

I have only once had a SA tell me I could not use the changing rooms in the women's department. I really found it funny because the changing rooms were not labeled for women, ladies or girls. It simply said "Changing Rooms" so I did not feel I needed to check if it was ok for me to use. Anyway that was the exception.

If an SA is helping me I simply ask and have been directed to use the ladies changing rooms most of the time. If there is no one helping me I will NOT use a room that is labeled for females, but if there is no marking as to the sex it is intended for then I go in and don't think twice about it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:28 am 

I had a great time shopping. Bought two pairs of panties, a bra and a dress. When I was looking at the dresses the SA came up and was chatting with me and asked if I knew what size SHE was. I said, well a 16 will fit ME most of the time. I had two dresses in my hands at the time. I told her I would like to try them on and she pointed to the changing rooms. I tried them on coming out of the changing room to look it the larger mirror. when I had one on she came into the changing area and there I was wearing a dress and she commented that it looked very nice on me. I said it felt a little big. she said she would get the next size down for me. I went back into the room and removed the dress. She passed the new dress to me and I put in on quickly while we talked through the door. I came back out to check this one out and she was right there. I decided I liked that one and returned to the room to put me pants and t-shirt back on. then went to the register and payed for my dress.

I went to a different store when I found a bra that I liked. I went to the changing rooms and tried it on and I loved it. I went to pay for it and the SA asked if this was for someone special. I said, well yes. She asked HER name or phone number. I said, MY name is Robin and my number is 555-5555. She completed the sail and then said, well Robin enjoy your new bra and come back and shop here any time. I said, thank you. Then left.

Both very positive experiences. I and back home now and I wore my new bra yesterday and it felt great. There is a local store of the same chain so I am going to go see if I can get one on two more of the same type after work today. They know me at that store so unless there is some one new working they will know I and shopping for myself when I walk in.

I just love shopping for my girly clothes and having to tell the SAs that I am shopping for myself. So much fun.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:46 pm 

Wow, very cool. I don't think I have the guts to pull that off but my story above was fun and exciting.
enjoy your new purchases.

Robinspanties wrote:
I had a great time shopping. Bought two pairs of panties, a bra and a dress. When I was looking at the dresses the SA came up and was chatting with me and asked if I knew what size SHE was. I said, well a 16 will fit ME most of the time. I had two dresses in my hands at the time. I told her I would like to try them on and she pointed to the changing rooms. I tried them on coming out of the changing room to look it the larger mirror. when I had one on she came into the changing area and there I was wearing a dress and she commented that it looked very nice on me. I said it felt a little big. she said she would get the next size down for me. I went back into the room and removed the dress. She passed the new dress to me and I put in on quickly while we talked through the door. I came back out to check this one out and she was right there. I decided I liked that one and returned to the room to put me pants and t-shirt back on. then went to the register and payed for my dress.

I went to a different store when I found a bra that I liked. I went to the changing rooms and tried it on and I loved it. I went to pay for it and the SA asked if this was for someone special. I said, well yes. She asked HER name or phone number. I said, MY name is Robin and my number is 555-5555. She completed the sail and then said, well Robin enjoy your new bra and come back and shop here any time. I said, thank you. Then left.

Both very positive experiences. I and back home now and I wore my new bra yesterday and it felt great. There is a local store of the same chain so I am going to go see if I can get one on two more of the same type after work today. They know me at that store so unless there is some one new working they will know I and shopping for myself when I walk in.

I just love shopping for my girly clothes and having to tell the SAs that I am shopping for myself. So much fun.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:33 am 

It is a little unnerving to dress shop, at least at first, but once you do, it is surprisingly easy, and fun.

I went to Dress Barn wearing a wig, light make up, and under dressed with forms. I was wearing male pants and shirt because I rode in on a motorcycle. I pick out a couple of dresses and the SA showed me to a changing room, wrote my name on the door and never said a word. I tried on my dresses, sealed sizes and used the big triple mirror in the common area in the dressing rooms, and it was wonderful. No comments issues or even funny looks. The SA's were great, very chatty and just rang up my purchase as they would any purchase. I was amazed at how comfortable the she thing was once I got started.