It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:22 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: My HRT progress
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:54 am 

Thank You all for the warm welcome and wonderful support. I started my T-Blockers Monday and finally started my estrogen today. I will try my best to keep you all informed of my progress. I've been so excited this week to finally get this part of my journey started. I hope you all have a great day and great weekend, Samantha

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:25 am 

Samantha, Good for you! Please do keep us updated as we are all rooting for you. Crissy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:53 pm 

Please do keep us all updated robyn and samantha , i am intrigued to know what changes will happen,
I know a female to male trans guy who started taking testosterone and his voice deepened (a lot) and stsrted growing body hair etc.
Will it be the opposite for you girls and will your voice become higher pitched ?
Amber♡♡♡

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:09 pm 

See the beginning of this thread for a full list of effects. Voice is not effected by HRT in any great way. The vocal chord muscles are basically the same in males and females, but we spend a life time training them for certain sound.

With patience and lots of practice voice coaching can un-train them and re-train them for a feminine voice. There is also surgery that alter them so that a more feminine voice is the result. Often the results are amazing.

HRT causes body hair to go away for the most part, depending on genetics (there are hairy women as we know). Facial hair slows way down and leg hair slows way down and gets more sparse. Your skin becomes softer and more prone to damage and it actually makes you younger looking (not kidding).

The changes are so many all from a few pills or shots etc.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:15 am 

Robyn, I think I can speak for many of us here at HWP. We love this thread and always look forward to your updates. I personally want to thank you for sticking with us, we seem to lose members who are in transition but you have chosen to keep posting and help others with all of your experiences. Thanks, Crissy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:24 am 

A little bit of me is very much interested in trying this but I know how big the decision is and I'm (normally) very comfortable in my own male skin.

To people transitioning, what made you choose this forum to join? :) I ask in good nature, just curious as the name suggest it's for people who identify as male but wear ladies' underwear, did you join before you identified as trans?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:52 am 

RobynD wrote:
See the beginning of this thread for a full list of effects. Voice is not effected by HRT in any great way. The vocal chord muscles are basically the same in males and females, but we spend a life time training them for certain sound.

With patience and lots of practice voice coaching can un-train them and re-train them for a feminine voice. There is also surgery that alter them so that a more feminine voice is the result. Often the results are amazing.

HRT causes body hair to go away for the most part, depending on genetics (there are hairy women as we know). Facial hair slows way down and leg hair slows way down and gets more sparse. Your skin becomes softer and more prone to damage and it actually makes you younger looking (not kidding).

hi robyn
I looked into it after writing my post as i could not wait to find out, as im not sure where my journey is going :)
I find this thread really intresting and look forward to hearing your updates, i wish you all of the best with your transition and think you are a very special and beautiful lady.
Amber :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:07 pm 

Amber wrote:
RobynD wrote:

hi robyn
I looked into it after writing my post as i could not wait to find out, as im not sure where my journey is going :)
I find this thread really intresting and look forward to hearing your updates, i wish you all of the best with your transition and think you are a very special and beautiful lady.
Amber :)

Thank you Amber. Research into all of this is fun. The human body is an amazing thing.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:05 pm 

It sure is , i feel quite wierd at the moment because i dont know who i am anymore.
I am also scared as hell as i do not have a clue where this journey is heading .
I feel more towards the femenine side of my personality and its getting stronger by the day.
I also have things going through my head that i feel i shouldnt.
Im sure you have maybe been through this at one point in your life and know the stress and headache it can give .
Amber♡♡♡

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:18 pm 

Hi Amber, I was a lot like you in that I wasn't sure where I was going. Once I came out to my wife it made me feel much better. I started seeing a therapist and she is really helping me. I came out to my two sisters last week. I was so scared but they were so supportive. My brother-in-law text me and said was so proud of me and that he had my back. When I read his text I cried. I have a long way to go but I am ready for the journey.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next