It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Talking to Civilians
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:31 am 

Light pink. I don' ever wear socks to work usually Sketchers the kind you slip on. Sometimes I forget and have them off under my desk.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:20 am 

Wandalovespanties wrote:
Yesterday my department at work was having a meeting and I was sitting next to a female coworker and she saw my nail polish (which was clear however you could see it sparkle) she said in front of everyone I love that you have nail polish. I said quietly you should see my toes.

Then
Quote:
Light pink. I don' ever wear socks to work usually Sketchers the kind you slip on. Sometimes I forget and have them off under my desk.

I surprise she did ask to see them then. But I suspect she will ask to see them soon.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:42 am 

Another visit to the bank last week.
My favorite teller (merchant) now has a desk job up front. She always comments on my fingernails but could see by toe nails and hard a hard time see my heels from behind the counter. So on my way out I went over to her desk to say hello. Ms. Stiletto was standing next to her. I kicked off one of my wedges to show her my toe colors. I told her they were holographic. Ms. Stiletto chime in like "mode ring" and I said "no, that's thermal-graphic nail polish, heat sensitive pigments where holographic is changes by the angle of the light."
As I was leaving, the former teller said "wait I didn't see your fingernail color until just now." I then showed her how it too depends on the angle you see it.
Some angles it's clear (shining because I get the high gloss gel topcoat)
Some angles it's a pink shimmer,
Some angles it's a purple shimmer,
Some angles it's a blue shimmer, and
Some angles it's tiny specks of green shimmer.
Gelish "Izzy Wizzy Let's Get Busy"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:39 pm 

Funny I just looked at my last post above.
I saw the same bank employee on Wednesday and she just loved my nail polish. Was going to the salon herself that afternoon and was going to the same. Gelish Water Field. I wonder if she got the same color (glitter).

Yesterday I was walking past the reception desk people when one waved me to come over. She wanted to show me that she had stilettos on, why because on my influence. I had my SpeedLimit 98 Manji-H on.
https://www.google.com/search?q=speed+limit+98+manji-H&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi_8JfUu6jWAhVE4WMKHRVTC40Q_AUICygC&biw=1300&bih=905

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:11 am 

Love that color Cali - people have been commenting on my polish lately too :)

I've been wearing a lot more dresses lately and this summer. Sometimes 3-4 days a week and the feedback has been very good from all manner of civilians.

I'm looking forward to the jeans of fall now but will still get some tights and continue to wear dresses into the cold months.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:15 pm 

Robyn I envy that you have fashion choices not readily available to me. I would love to be able to wear a cowl neck sweater to high thigh, leggings and over-the-knee high heel boots to work. Maybe I'll just have to settle for the over-the-knee high heel boots.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:45 am 

Yesterday I had to get my fingerprints taken for a new job, and as many of you know I wear fingernail polish. So I walked into the Police station in my high heels and had them roll my fingers. No comment was made about my nail color or heels.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:14 am 

Cali wrote:
Yesterday I had to get my fingerprints taken for a new job, and as many of you know I wear fingernail polish. So I walked into the Police station in my high heels and had them roll my fingers. No comment was made about my nail color or heels.

Remember they are the cops and they have seen it "ALL". Plus there is no reason why anyone should make a comment about what you are wearing from nail color to dresses, unless it is to give you a compliment.

Fran

And may the wind carry a voice
That tells you there is a friend
Wishing you well!

"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not"
Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:59 am 

Cali wrote:
Robyn I envy that you have fashion choices not readily available to me. I would love to be able to wear a cowl neck sweater to high thigh, leggings and over-the-knee high heel boots to work. Maybe I'll just have to settle for the over-the-knee high heel boots.

thank you - that sounds like a lovely outfit. I have sweater dresses but iI don't think any cowl neck ones. Will have to buy one :) Your over the knee boots are certainly more ambitious than I usually get on boots.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:23 pm 

I was paying for my take-out sushi from Whole Foods, gave her a twenty...
Her giving me my change: "... fourteen, fifteen, twenty, love your nails."
It always makes me feel good when I get a compliment out of the blue.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next