It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:10 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: Shoe addiction
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:34 am 

Last week I was waiting for my flight in the international terminal and was walking around looking at the duty free shops when I came across the Jimmy Choo shoes. They had these $1,400 heels (platform stilettos) that I wanted to try on because how often do you get to try on shoes worth over a thousand. I did ask if they had my size but they only had smaller sizes. Too bad because I really wanted to know what shoes that expensive feel like.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:35 pm 
Moderator Emeritus

Cali wrote:
Too bad because I really wanted to know what shoes that expensive feel like.

Just take a regular pair of your heels and put six hundred dollar bills in each before you put them on. ;-)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:35 pm 

Nancy
Putting 20 $100 bills into the pocket of a $1 skirt does indeed give you $2001 net valve but I think you might find the feel of a $2000 skirt with a dollar in the pocket (same net value of $2001) might feel slightly different...but then again you are an accountant.

By the way, I said I wanted to try them on, NOT buy them, as in a net cost of $0.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:53 am 

I wore these lovely shoes to work yesterday and it was so wonderful. Not too over the top and timeless classics.

Rita

Last edited by Rita on Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:11 pm 

Quite a few months ago my dear wife decided she needed new boots for the fall. At the first store she found some very nice booties that she loved but hummed and hawed at. We left not buying them and checked out some different stores with no luck. By this time it was late in the day and we were on the opposite side of the city and said to me she really wanted the boots from the first store.
No problem I said, I'll buy them for you on my home from work since I'll be on that side anyway. So I go back there and buy them , and on the way home it struck me as how easy it was to buy women's boots! Mind you her feet are the size of hamster feet so it was very obvious they would not fit me. But still, it was very easy.
Fast forward to about February and my dear wife went away on a weekend trip. I thought to myself I want a pair of high heel boots for myself. Since that is on the no list I studied up before she left as to what I wanted and on that Friday I made my move.
I had a plan ! I brought up the boots on my smart phone, went into the store and asked the first saleswomen I found that I wanted to buy these booties in size 10. " oh , no problem " she said. She hunted around for a bit and found what I wanted. "there you go" she said. I walked up to pay for them and the clerk said " oh, those are nice" , I reply " yeah , she sent me on a quest" kinda showing my phone. We both got a chuckle out of that and off to my truck I go.

Simple as that.

I got home and all excited about my purchase. And then realize something funny and creepy at the same time. I bought the exact same bootie that I bought my wife months ago !!

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/nine+west+ronda ... dId=307611

So since then I have been wearing them around the house when I can and quite enjoy it! They are about a 4 inch heel so it took some practice. Even wore them doing some renos downstairs for an hour or so. Feet hurt but hurt in a good way, if that makes sense. Just too bad I can't share it with my wife, just with everyone here .

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:07 am 

I was in a Rue21 store last weekend and i noticed an incredible deal on shoes:

http://www.rue21.com/store/shoes/girls- ... ls/_/N-9bf

Yes, they are relatively cheaply made but for $15-$20 and a 2nd pair a $1? You can afford to wear them and throw them a way quickly. Their sizes are sort of strange S to XL with XL roughly equaling a size 10.

This is the pair that brought me in:

http://www.rue21.com/store/jump/product ... 00000-0029

I plan on wearing them with denim shorts.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:11 pm 

They look nice but I stay away from shoes with very thin soles...they just hurt my feet. That's why all my wedges and CFM's have platforms. I spend 10 + hours a day in heels, they got to fit and feel good.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:51 am 

Cali wrote:
They look nice but I stay away from shoes with very thin soles...they just hurt my feet. That's why all my wedges and CFM's have platforms. I spend 10 + hours a day in heels, they got to fit and feel good.

Makes great sense Cali. For some reason extreme flats don't bother me, although i wouldn't walk miles in them. Their collection of heeled sandals (albeit smaller collection), i think is on the same special.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:22 pm 

I've had two shoes break this past week. I must have worn them out.
So I took my Steve Madden shoe in to have it fix. The shoe repair man wanted to ask me questions about my wife, because I must be bringing "HER" wedge in to be fix. I looked him straight in the eye and simply said "they're my wedges, not my wife's and I love wearing them". His response was "Pick them up on Monday".

Gives me a great excuse to go shoe shopping next week.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:08 am 

Cali, Just wondering, unless these break while you are home what the heck do you do? Do you keep an extra pair at work? I would think if it were me I would travel with a pair of sneakers as a backup. Crissy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next