It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:53 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Shoe addiction
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:08 pm 

Hi all,
As many know I love booties. They are mostly what I wear now to work. I have 3 pairs that I wear.
Since then I got two 5 inch heels, stilettos and wedge-stilettos from VS. How ever in the past month I have got on a shoe buying craze. I got heeled sandals and women's running shoes. Today I got two more pairs. The booties I had hope to rotate in was too tight, they go back, they all can't be winners. But the 5 inch heeled thigh high boots fit. What an experience to walk around in them for a while. Yes I have a shoe addiction.
But in the process of shoe shopping I made a discovery that will change how I shoe shop. Women's shoes are cut better for my foot.
Today I put the theory to the test. Went to a sporting goods store and tried on women's running and cross training shoes. Didn't buy any BUT they fit better than the shoes I had on. So for now on I will be buying women's shoes

Post subject: Re: Shoe addiction
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:42 am 

Odd, but women's jeans fit me better as well. I suppose the fact is that women's clothing comes in so many different cuts and styles than do men's clothes since women are for more selective. This means that some of this array of cuts and styles is going to fit me better than the one size fits all tailoring that is common for men. I realize this is changing a bit, but has a long way to go.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:42 pm 
Moderator Emeritus

Cali, we're going to start calling you Imelda. :-)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:08 pm 

Nanciboy wrote:
Cali, we're going to start calling you Imelda. :-)

Say that near me and I'll stomp you with my new striper boots....lol
What happened I googled the difference in running shoes and saw the difference in cut of the shoe. Women's shoes are cut better for my foot shape. It was something I've always known organicly, So here I am with my new NB women's running shoes on and they feel fantastic, best fit in running shoes in decades

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:15 pm 

I have 2 pair right now , but I want MORE !!! I feel You Cali !

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:34 pm 

Love booties - i have 4 pairs :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:37 pm 

pantiboirobbie...do you wear your's out. I been told "nice shoes" by many women and "those some fly shoes" or "fancy shoes" by guys....
I have one pair of male dress shoes I have worn about 12 times in 3-5 years, while I have 4 pairs of booties that I wear all the time, at least 5 days a week.

I'm adding on to this post.
While writing the post above I put on my new thigh high, high heel boots and have been walking around in them. These are Madden Girl Sharlene boots...aka striper boots. Very high heel.
These are surprisingly very easy to walk around in. I put them on about two hours ago and have been walking around in them, just breaking them in before prolong use. But I just stood up and started walking like nothing was different. Fit is perfect!!!!! Balance is not an issue. WOW!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:30 am 

First time posting :)

I've been lurking for a year or more and finally registered and then lurked some more.

Cali, you have no idea on how addicting this can become. Life's too short, buy more shoes :)

Rita

Last edited by Rita on Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:34 am 

Welcome PJ. Hope to hear from you more. I can see how shoe talk can get you to join in.
I understand how addicting shoes can be...that's why I used it in the title of this topic.

Confessions of a true shoe addict...lol
I have had at least a pair of women's since the late 70's. I love heels, my ex didn't. 5 years ago I went to get some water shoes for a tropical trip but they were out of the men's in my size. I tried at next size up in mens and a women's size zersion. The bigger men's version was hard to get m foot into the shoe, then very tight on my foot in while also being too long. The women's fitted like a glove and looked better, guess what I got, women's size 10.
I had want booties for years, so in spring of 2013 I started to shop for booties only to find out it was the wrong season, most had sold out and the store had summer collections. But in September I bought my first pair online since most store only have up to size 9 in store and surprisingly it fitted perfect, bought a second pair, it fitted too. Then I started to wear the second pair to work...got a third pair....
You know where this is going...I currently just have three pairs of booties for work with a minimum of 2 inch heels. The 4th pair I just bought I had to return yesterday, a tad too narrow, but I am looking.
But since I had such good success with the first two pairs I started to get the heels I always wanted (but buy them on sale). The mules didn't fit. But the VS Ruched siletoes and VS siletoe-wedge sandals did.
At this point I was amazed how well these shoe fitted me. I had always a hard time finding men shoes that I could even get my feet into. Then they would be some extra extra wide boats. And here I was fitting into women's regular medium "B" wide shoes.
Ordered more women's shoes. Most fit, those that didn't get returned. But they fit better than most men's shoe ever had.
Ordered more women's shoes. (see the addiction...lol) This time a pair of 2" heeled sandals (I said I love heels) and running shoes. Again both fit. And the running shoes fit better than any men's pair I can remember wearing. This is shocking to me because I have suffer countless ankle injuries with multiple re-constructions on both sides. So I googled the difference in men's and women's shoes and there it is, the cut. My feet fit a women's cut much better than a man's cut. So I think I have bought my last men's shoe.
So I ordered more women's....new booties and knee high booties (I had a coupon I "had" to use). The booties didn't fit, but the knee highs Madden Girl Sharlene Botts did...extremely well just wish I could wear these to work .

Shoes are addicting or is it now I finally found shoes that really fit.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:37 am 

I so indeed wear booties out a lot. My typical office attire is women's jeans with booties.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next