It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:38 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:50 am 

That has pretty much been my shopping experience everywhere. Just say up front they are for you ask to try things on and take advantage of the SA's expereince. They are there to help.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:24 pm 

Not my first good shopping experience, but I'd say this is clearly my best.
About a year ago I went into a Texas VS on a weekday about 30 minutes after they opened.
As I walked around, a nice mid-20s SA asked if she could help, and I said I was looking for panties. The standard "what size is she" question, but I said they were for me and a large might work well. Picked an off-green Body bikini. Then with a racing pulse, I asked about a bra. She said sure, and picked a matching bra off the table, then looked at me, and asked if I wanted to try it on. I said yes if I can.
She takes me to the fitting rooms, first on on the left--its huge, like 3-times what a typical room is. After she closed the door, she asked if I wanted to try on the panties too, and I said sure, if its ok. She said no problem, and handed me a thong liner over the door.
She comes back in a few minutes, and I let her in. She's bright and cheery, asking how they make me feel, and I say it feels sexy. She said they look great (helping me relax--and improve her sale chances I'm sure!)
Then she brings a Very Sexy pushup and cheeky. Again, back in a few to check fit. I loved her positive attitude.
She asked what next--I said lets go crazy and try a thong and Bombshell. She brings a black string thong and Bombshell front hook. When she comes back in, we agree the Bombshell is just too big, even though it really looks cool. She said the string thong looked nice, and she adjusted the waist string a bit for proper height on my waist.
Then she asked if I would like to look at anything else. She was making this so fun, I said sure, what are my choices. She said sports wear and some teddies. I said lets try some teddies. She brings a red and a black bustier, and a red fishnet type teddy with crisscrossing back straps that I'm looking at with a confused look. I decide to try the teddy, and as she walks out she says if I need any help, ring the bell. I can't get all the crisscross straps figured out, so I hit the button. She comes in, and I'm only wearing that thong-type panty liner. She untangles/organizes the teddy, hands it to me, and keeps the straps in place as I slip it on. Her cheerful attitude continues, asking me how it makes me feel, then telling me it looks great.
I only planned to buy a bra and 3 panties, but who can say no when this SA is this energetic and helpful?
Overall an incredible experience. She was happy to help, but even more so, wanted to make sure I felt good about shopping for panties, bras, and teddies, and be confident doing it.
So if you're on the fence about shopping in person, be calm, confident, and respectful, and let the CS guide the process. Clearly she was very comfortable helping me, so I purchased more than I planned. Some won't be as comfortable helping as much, so don't push it.
I'll be traveling this week, and hope to do some more shopping.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:58 am 

satin1, That was a truly awesome shopping experience. Crissy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:19 am 

Satin1, that is indeed a great shopping experience! I wish every SA would be so helpful to male clients. She is a rare breed.
If your receipt has a link to complete a survey, you should fill that out. I've been told that those surveys send results to the individual shop, and the employee can benefit from positive feedback.

Self-appointed spokesMAN for Soma
HUG Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:55 am 

While maybe not as out going as the SA above, all the SA's I've dealt with are nothing but helpful and cheery. No doubt part of it is making a sale, but you can tell the difference between so.eine pushing merchandise and just being helpful and encouraging.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:52 am 

So I've tried on in Ann Summers before but never with assistance so today decided to go one step further.

I was wandering amongst the knickers looking a bit lost, the SA asked if I was ok, I said I was and she turned and walked away. Gutted I thought but carried on looking around. She came back and said I was looking a bit lost and de I need any help. I came straight out with that I was looking for something for myself but didn't know where to start. As I was looking at the bra and knickers sets she calmy, confidently asked if it was a set I was looking for which I replied that I was but didn't know my size or what would look good. I pointed to a neon blue bra and thong set as a starting point. So she picked a UK16 off the hanger and we both agreed that was a bit large and settled on a 14. Next the bra, we agreed on a 38" and C is the smallest in that size. At that point the manageress came over holding some Non padded bras saying they may work better for me. Armed with two sets and off to the changing room.

I tried on the blue set first and after many adjustments thought it may be a little too tight so then tried on the non-padded bra and panties and matching suspender belt. It fitted well but not my taste.
At this point I decided to go all in. I pressed the buzzer for help and a minute later she came to help and asked if it was ok to come in. I jumped at the chance. So I am standing there in the three price set holding the blue bra and asking her what she thought about the fit. We talked a. It and I asked if there were any similar sets but with a short instead of the thong. Off she went while I changed back into the blue set for a second look. She returned a few minutes later with a raspberry pink set of lace shorts push up bra and suspender belt. She also had a bra extender that we thought may give a better fit. Again I was standing there in bra and a thong having a frank chat about the undies.

I have to say it was a very pleasant experience once the ice was broken. She was very helpful and more than happy for me to try on everything and be in the changing room with me unable to hide anything. I'd gone prepared by wearing a men's gstring expecting to try on with it on but as the panties all had plastic strips I felt it was ok to just try on without.

Anyway, is highly recommend Ann Summers if you want an attentive SA and sexy undies.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:30 am 

StockingsLover, Your experience at the Ann Summers store will, I’m sure, cause many of our U.K. members to give it a try. Enjoy your new lingerie, I know you will! :)
Crissy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:41 am 

Well I didn't think I'd beat my previous experience in store but today I did!

The day started at 9am on the dot, I waited across the mall for the shutters to go up then walked very nervously into Victoria Secret in Birmingham (UK not Alabama!). Having heard the positive feedback about VS I was hoping I'd get the same experience but guessed that the UK SAs may not be as helpful. I was totally wrong and having explained my wish list to a very helpful SA she grabbed a basket and led me round the store filling it up. Armed with a bag of about 15 pairs of panties and 5 bras she led me to the changing room. I spent the next 45 minutes trying on everything v and being passed new styles and colours to try with the SA being happy to come into the changing room and even adjust my bra. To cut to the chase I left with a matching bralet and thong and a couple of other pairs of panties on a 3 for offer. Very happy customer!

On a high I headed across the mall to Boux Avenue. With my new found confidence I walked in and when greeted said I was looking for a bra and panties and pointed to one I'd seen. The SA asked my size which I was very vague about so she offered me a fitting! I minute later I'm topless with a tape around me. All good so far. Off goes the SA to find some bras. They didn't have the one I liked in my size so brought a selection of others. K ended up with a triangle bra in red lace which she adjusted to fit. Of course I asked if it had matching panties so off she goes again to return with a choice of shirt and Brazilian. Off came the jeans and on went the panties, I loved the thing so kept it on. Back she comes and ask how I'm getting on. I'm now standing in lace top holdups, a lace thong and bra as she comes back in. Next come a matching suspender belt and the same set in black and white. She's now in the room as I change from outfit to outfit and with her positive response I settle for the red set. On I'm on a roll so I ask if they have anything else in red. Another 7 pairs later I settle on a very small gstring. As it comes in black or red I decide on one of each. But they are 3 for 2!

I've now settled on one of each but can't decide on which colour to get 2 pairs of. Now up to now I've had my gstring on and tried over the top. This has kept everything secure. I've decided I'm buying the new strings but want to know how the fit on their own. I figure that as I'm buying them anyway there is no harm in removing my own underwear. So I'm standing there in hold ups, a tiny see through gstring and a bralet when she comes back in. I ask her if she prefers black or red and based on her advice that red really suits me but black is everyday I settle for 2 black pairs. Her opinion was very valid as she had no reservation in looking right at me and through the material she'd seen everything! She didn't miss a note!

Anyway for any guy thinking of trying in on either of these stores go for it. I'd advise going when it's quiet so you get the personal experience but definitely try it!

Reviews to follow once I've worn them all properly

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:32 am 

I was emboldened by StockingsLover's latest story to visit some of the local lingerie shops, unfortunately I didn't get the same experience. I really liked the look of some of Boux Avenue's stuff and was hoping to come away with a couple of bras, some knickers and maybe some camisoles or babydolls but unfortunately the SA at the Oxford store wouldn't let me try anything on! She was very polite about it but said that as it's a "women's store," males aren't allowed into the changing area. She helped me find some items but I was a bit deflated overall, and now I've got return the bra I bought because it's too small.

I'm waiting to hear back from their head office about what the actual corporate policy is regarding male customers trying things on, but congratulations anyway StockingsLover, you were luckier than I was!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:45 am 

Sorry to hear that. The store was empty when I went in which may have helped but I suspect it was at the discretion of the SA/manageress. The SA did say something to me like she wasn't supposed to measure me but the manageress said it was fine. To be honest I was so nervous/excited I don't recall exactly what she said. If you can get to Birmingham on a quiet morning you may have more luck!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next