It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:36 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:10 am 

NylonComfort wrote:
Has anyone had the converse problem? I went to pick an online order up at my local Lane Bryant and she asked me the name it was under. I told her my name and she went to get it. She opened everything up to see what "she" ordered. I told her *I* ordered panties and a cami. She looked at everything, wouldn't make eye contact and put it all in a sack and started to make a big fuss over if the invoice were in there in case "she" needed to return anything. I know from her reaction she heard me, but I don't know her... I guess guys wearing ladies' things disgusts her. I'd go to the other one close to home, but that's near to where my wife works so it's probably not a good idea. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You should send an E-Mail to their customer service and complain about your treatment. I shop at Lane Bryant and have never had this kind of treatment. If you remember the name of the SA then add that to the complaint. You should get a response within a day or two. When ever I have made complaints to costumer service of other stores I have always had good results.

Fran

And may the wind carry a voice
That tells you there is a friend
Wishing you well!

"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not"
Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:28 am 

maninlace wrote:
NylonComfort wrote:
Has anyone had the converse problem? I went to pick an online order up at my local Lane Bryant and she asked me the name it was under. I told her my name and she went to get it. She opened everything up to see what "she" ordered. I told her *I* ordered panties and a cami. She looked at everything, wouldn't make eye contact and put it all in a sack and started to make a big fuss over if the invoice were in there in case "she" needed to return anything. I know from her reaction she heard me, but I don't know her... I guess guys wearing ladies' things disgusts her. I'd go to the other one close to home, but that's near to where my wife works so it's probably not a good idea. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You should send an E-Mail to their customer service and complain about your treatment. I shop at Lane Bryant and have never had this kind of treatment. If you remember the name of the SA then add that to the complaint. You should get a response within a day or two. When ever I have made complaints to costumer service of other stores I have always had good results.

Fran

Fran is right on this.
We, as a group, probably shop (for panties and lingerie, and shoes [thinking about you, Cali!]) more frequently than women do. So, individually, we probably spend more than the average woman does.
Retailers need to recognize this, and make sure their personnel do not alienate us. I know that I will change retaikers in a heartbeat if I am not treated as a valued client. And when that happens, I let their corporate know about it.

When I have an awesome shopping experience, I let corporate know about that, as well. I feel it is important that corporate knows we are here, and we like to shop for "nice things", and our experience is at least as important as the purchase. Treat us right and we will gladly return and spend more money.

Self-appointed spokesMAN for Soma
HUG Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:06 am 

I agree that you should communicate with LB. I am convinced that the more we show up as a polite group willing to spend money , the more acceptance that we are going to get. If you look at some of the product review for panties on the websites of major retailers like Penney's, Sears or Macy's et al, it is not uncommon to find reviews written by men. I have submitted a few myself. It only helps to send the message to society at large that yes, we are out there but we are just ordinary people going about life.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:11 am 

Does anybody know if Lane Bryant posts reviews by men on their website? Just wondering. Crissy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:09 am 

Crissy wrote:
Does anybody know if Lane Bryant posts reviews by men on their website? Just wondering. Crissy

Yes they do or at least they printed the one I made. It has been a while since I did it though, so your mileage may vary.

Fran

And may the wind carry a voice
That tells you there is a friend
Wishing you well!

"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not"
Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:12 am 

That's been more than a week ago, so I will see if she is that way when I go next time. Perhaps I'll go early to shop in person as more summer styles come out. I've seen her there many times, and the rest of the associates have been very nice.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:29 am 

It does happen that an SA is a jerk, you found one and I have also when I used to shop at LB. Crissy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:06 pm 

I think we should write to Lane Bryant headquarters (Victoria's Secret, or other store) thanking them when local retail people are serving men well. All retail chains and malls are in trouble. If they realize we are here and are good consumers, it can only help us and them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:13 pm 

Happy-N-Panties wrote:
I think we should write to Lane Bryant headquarters (Victoria's Secret, or other store) thanking them when local retail people are serving men well. All retail chains and malls are in trouble. If they realize we are here and are good consumers, it can only help us and them.

That is a great observation/suggestion, and I agree with you!
Hopefully, this weekend I will be able to share a recent experience. But, things haven't quite teacher a con lusion, so I must wait.

Self-appointed spokesMAN for Soma
HUG Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:25 pm 

Best and worst were a department store chain called Kohls in the USA.

I loved the first generation of Bali stretch panties. So much so that I traveled around the nearby cities where I was living going into the Kohls stores buying what I could find in my size.

The best experience was at one smaller store where the department clerk asked if she could help. I said "no thanks, I know my way around this department more than the menswear". The sudden realization of my meaning gave her face a few expressions. First a questioning look as if she wondered what I meant. Then a wide eyed look as she realized I was buying for myself. Lastly she looked me up and down and smiled as she was probably wondering what I was wearing under my shorts.

The worst was at a Kohls store about 40 miles away in a much larger city and a much larger store. My close relative that I speak with on the phone every day worked for Kohls at that very store and had told me previously that the security people police academy flunkies and were on power trips. Like literally flunked out of the police academy. My relative had a law background and knew some of the things they were doing were illegal, unethical or violations of peoples rights and turned them in whenever he could prove their wrong doing. My relative told me that two of the security guys were given warnings and probation for some issue the pervious week. He had also previously told me the security team was two guys and a female and sometimes a guy I knew because we had both worked with him at a place where we both once worked.

So I am hunting through all the racks because they are not neatly ordered in this hell hole of a store and a plain clothes security guy comes up and stands next to me about 6 feet away. As I move from that rack to another he follows and follows again and again. Then another security man and a uniformed police officer join him nearby. So I stand up from having my head in the racks of panties and say "you like to socialize with your friends in the women's underwear department".
The security guy responded "I am just standing here".
I realize these must be the two guys that got in trouble and probation warnings the previous week. So I asked him "oh, what are they (pointing to the other security officer and the police officer) doing?"
He replied "I don't know. Ask them."
So I was satisfied I was not going to find any more panties in my size and walked over to a position roughly between them all. And stood there and stared down the police officer.
The police officer said "Do you have a problem?"
I replied "I am just standing here." (The reply I had been given moments earlier).
After about a half minute of staring the police officer walked away and was followed by the two security people... and myself.
At the home bedding area they stopped then turned to me and this time the security officer that was standing near me first said "Do you need something?"
Keep in mind I knew these two security guys were dirty dogs my relative spoke about and I was going to give them trouble for giving my relative trouble so my reply was bold. I said "The way you came out (of the back) and were standing near me and could not keep your eyes off me, I got the impression it was YOU that NEEDED something"
He turned away and muttered some profanity and they all waked into the back room.
As they did I spoke loudly and said "Run away, you afraid of getting another complaint against you guys and getting fired?"
They did not turn around but I imagine they wondered how I new they had one foot out the door.

I told my relative about it, saying the panties were for my girlfriend though. My relative said that I should call the regional manager and store manager and gave me the number but I never did. I figured I would just put that whole experience behind me and trust that those security loser bullies would end up fired on their own.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next