It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:18 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: No Purchases in January
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:29 pm 

I'm a fairly new wearer of panties and I've been enjoying buying new ones for a few months. The styles and color selections are appealing, and usually I can't have just one. My favorite panty so far has been the Maidenform Dream boyshort. It's soft, fits well and comes in all sorts of colors and they add new colors from time to time. I've bought all of the current colors and even some of the retired colors. I've also been buying other panties, too.

I realized I have so many now that there are some I haven't worn once yet, so I decided to take a break from buying new clothes. I didn't buy any new panties last month. That's the first time I can make that claim since April of last year. I see that there are new Dream boyshorts out now, but I'll wait for a bit before buying them. I haven't worn the latest colors I got from them recently.

Anyone else have a backlog of panties waiting to be worn or is it just me and my impulsive collecting nature?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:21 pm 
Moderator Emeritus

Maidenform_Man wrote:
Anyone else have a backlog of panties waiting to be worn or is it just me and my impulsive collecting nature?

I do (raising hand). Every once in awhile I run across the drawer where I keep the panties still in packages. I think I even opened a few pair in December, discarded a few plain pairs from my current rotation, and added the new pretty ones. You're not impulsive/collecting natured; everyone knows if you find a panty you like you have to stock up because it will be discontinued. Or it will come out in a new color you can't resist.
I also made it through January without buying any panties. Then again, I had bought five pair on December 29th (along with a pretty/expensive Chantelle bra).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:02 pm 

Yes, I had an order ship on December 28. :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:06 am 

Shopping for new style panties or new colors/patterns of current panties is just another fun thing the girls get to do. Of course, us too! Crissy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:57 pm 
Moderator Emeritus

Crissy wrote:
Shopping for new style panties or new colors/patterns of current panties is just another fun thing the girls get to do. Of course, us too! Crissy

I really don't need any encouragement, Crissy. :-)
I think I'm going to have to stock up on skirts for when I stop working next summer and put away my suits for good. I bought eight skirt hangers last weekend and have already filled them by discarding a couple of crummy hangers and rehanging some skirts that previously had to double up.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:46 am 

Nanciboy, Encouragement can be a subjective term. Some of us are just weaker then others. Oh well. Crissy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:05 am 

I can also report that I didn't make a single shoe purchase during the month of January.
All I got in January was a sweater from VS and I returned it, clicked on the wrong one. Bought the replacement in Feb.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:14 am 

I must confess, I also did not make a purchase in January. Uncle Sam wants his share too.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:40 am 

Been buying every month since last year. But for the last 3 months, I think I stock up lots of panties since I went overseas. 21 from Japan, and about 12 from HK. Back home, I bought another 10+. I find myself wearing 2-3 panties a day so that my panties won't feel neglected. :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:50 am 

I think a lot of us slow down in January, at least in the brick and mortar stores, because we load up in December during the Christmas shopping season to minimize looks and comments from sales assistants and other shoppers. This year I bought a maidenform body briefer a week before Xmas but still got razzed by the SA. Oh well, I’m used to it.